DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Winter in the Bavarian Alps

I loved it. I think the camera on the Pros are fantastic. I really hope they modify them this year and bring out a 4k 60 fps. Then they would be perfect.
Great shooting. I like the fade to black. I use it on my own videos quite often. Keep them coming!

I loved it. I think the camera on the Pros are fantastic. I really hope they modify them this year and bring out a 4k 60 fps. Then they would be perfect.
Great shooting. I like the fade to black. I use it on my own videos quite often. Keep them coming!
Thank you! I think with 1 inch sensor make a big difference.

Reactions: Bransty
Thank you! I think with 1 inch sensor make a big difference.
The one inch sensor does not make a difference... when it is being used in video mode. It is being used to its max. and does of course, make a difference when used as a still camera. However, that Hasselblad camera with a one inch sensor is only getting half of the available sensor size when used in video mode. DJI have a problem in cooling that camera, as any small video camera struggles to keep cool when being used continuously in video mode.

From what I understand, since the housing is so small and DJI face a weight game also, they can't add camera cooling to keep the sensor cooled and they can't add a larger housing either, in which to fit a cooling fan if they wish to keep size and weight where they have it optimized. Therefore, they have reduced the lines used on the sensor as a means of getting around the problem. In video mode they use every other line of the sensor, effectively using only half of the entire one inch sensor.

This is the compromise that has had to be accepted, to keep the sensor cool enough when in continuous video mode. DJI use only half the sensor size in video mode by scanning every other line, so although it sounds great when seen on paper, it is in reality, not really a one inch sensor when used for video filming. When used in still shot mode, there is no concern of the the sensor heating up, because it is used for a second and then shutting down. Someone please correct me if I have understood this incorrectly.

The one inch sensor does not make a difference... when it is being used in video mode. It is being used to its max. and does of course, make a difference when used as a still camera. However, that Hasselblad camera with a one inch sensor is only getting half of the available sensor size when used in video mode. DJI have a problem in cooling that camera, as any small video camera struggles to keep cool when being used continuously in video mode.

From what I understand, since the housing is so small and DJI face a weight game also, they can't add camera cooling to keep the sensor cooled and they can't add a larger housing either, in which to fit a cooling fan if they wish to keep size and weight where they have it optimized. Therefore, they have reduced the lines used on the sensor as a means of getting around the problem. In video mode they use every other line of the sensor, effectively using only half of the entire one inch sensor.

This is the compromise that has had to be accepted, to keep the sensor cool enough when in continuous video mode. DJI use only half the sensor size in video mode by scanning every other line, so although it sounds great when seen on paper, it is in reality, not really a one inch sensor when used for video filming. When used in still shot mode, there is no concern of the the sensor heating up, because it is used for a second and then shutting down. Someone please correct me if I have understood this incorrectly.
I think you are right,but there is a big difference between the mavic 2 zoom and Pro.Almost everytime i have problem with black/shadows spots, I mean i have problem with noise.It's hard to find the correct settings.It's too noisy.I am a bit excited about the mavic 3, how the camera works well or not.

I think you are right,but there is a big difference between the mavic 2 zoom and Pro.Almost everytime i have problem with black/shadows spots, I mean i have problem with noise.It's hard to find the correct settings.It's too noisy.I am a bit excited about the mavic 3, how the camera works well or not.
I understand that and I have no info regarding the difference between the Mavic 2 Zoom and the Pro. I chose the Pro over the Zoom and I'm pleased with the camera. I would love for there to be a new Mavic 3 out there ready to be launched but as far as I know there is nothing on the immediate horizon regarding a version 3, so all we can do is guess.

I think thes just wait for the right time.(amerika-china,new eu drone laws and rival)It's big bussines and they have to drop out in the right time.

Awesome. I really liked the top down shot with a slight ellipse. Color, focus and framing was perfect on that one. Great video!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle