DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Winter Solstice Sunset 2022

You did a good job. Now for my personal rant...not aimed at you. I HATE vertical video. I think it cheapens our efforts to make beautiful images, moving or still, especially a beautiful sunset or any panorama shot. We got rid of square video from the old Standard Definition days only to see vertical video come along. Our eyes don't see vertically. They are placed side-by-side so we see life in a rectangular way. Vertical video...BOOOOOOOO!!!

Nice colours! Just wondering what the logic behind vertical framing was? The subject looks like it would be better suited to landscape orientation.

Reactions: Lady Flyer
Maximize the video, hold your phone in portrait mode as most people do and enjoy the video!

Thanks for sharing that beautiful sunset!

Chris

Nice colours! Just wondering what the logic behind vertical framing was? The subject looks like it would be better suited to landscape orientation.
I'm sure it was shot this way intentionally. Wider vertical angle of view.
I hated VV, too. But I'm coming around. It has its uses. YMMV

That’s a beautiful sunset
You did a good job. Now for my personal rant...not aimed at you. I HATE vertical video. I think it cheapens our efforts to make beautiful images, moving or still, especially a beautiful sunset or any panorama shot. We got rid of square video from the old Standard Definition days only to see vertical video come along. Our eyes don't see vertically. They are placed side-by-side so we see life in a rectangular way. Vertical video...BOOOOOOOO!!!
VV was because I was actually shooting for Instagram reels. And I really liked it so I uploaded a YouTube Short. VV is not my favorite either but for SM reels you don't have a choice!

Nice documentation of a very pretty sunset. I like whatever orientation you, the artist, decided was best which is all that's needed for that issue. Thanks for sharing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky