DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Winter video! Analysis and constructive comments please....

MKurr

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
So, this video is kinda similar to the spring video we analyzed recently, only this one is new! And I think I learned a few lessons.. Also I think my color grading is better this time compared to my "First Snow" video.... Anyway, please analyze, comment, and help me improve!

Btw, isn't it funny how the link has FAA in it? lol
.....youtu.be/8iDNgnFAA_U

So, this video is kinda similar to the spring video we analyzed recently, only this one is new! And I think I learned a few lessons.. Also I think my color grading is better this time compared to my "First Snow" video.... Anyway, please analyze, comment, and help me improve!

Btw, isn't it funny how the link has FAA in it? lol
.....youtu.be/8iDNgnFAA_U
Very nice video work!

Reactions: MKurr
First I’m no drone expert, altho had a video business. Not sure of the purpose for this ... just assume personal amusement. Lotsa personal choice here. But I like it. For my purposes, I’d would: 1) consider regrading the color, seems a tinge yellow/green on the trees to me; 2) a little too slow and repetitious with reveals among allot of tree branches. 3) A few deer etc might be fun. And 4) some CUs around objects. Having said all that ... it’s a peaceful surrounding. Mission probably accomplished. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: MKurr
First I’m no drone expert, altho had a video business. Not sure of the purpose for this ... just assume personal amusement. Lotsa personal choice here. But I like it. For my purposes, I’d would: 1) consider regrading the color, seems a tinge yellow/green on the trees to me; 2) a little too slow and repetitious with reveals among allot of tree branches. 3) A few deer etc might be fun. And 4) some CUs around objects. Having said all that ... it’s a peaceful surrounding. Mission probably accomplished. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the tips.. About the deer, well, I have a deer in another winter video, but generally it seems to be harder to film deer in the winter for some reason... Also, please clarify "CUs" :)

A long time ago, before I became pro, I used to enter my work into competitions. One image won a blue ribbon and the judge really loved it. It went on to the finals, where one judge said, I don't know why this image is even here ...Point being Things are very subjective. I liked your video overall, but...As mentioned one segments color was yellow biased. I felt a few clips were repetitive and could have ben eliminated. Less is often more. I personally did not care for the music, too high pitched for me, I might have chosen something like solo piano or guitar. All subjective... In all, I thought it was a lovely tribute to nature and its beauty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ