DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Woman Downs Neighbor’s Drone With Gravel, Ordered To Pay $600

As far as the video goes.
Your always going to have THAT neighbor that is woke and will complain about anything. Why cause her to go apesh*t by flying in her driveway? I understand damaging the drone and all but he set her off and then cried when she did. I would only award him 50% damages so maybe he would stop antagonizing her.

Dang it now I will have to go and watch Tombstone again, for the 50th time. Val will never have a better role, it seemed made for him.
Curt Russell made the movie what it is. I particularly like him slapping around Billy Bob. I can watch that all day long.

I don’t know if this has already been posted but oh well!
It’s not a Mavic but

ALL DRONES LIVES MATTER!

That was my thought, too. What does that even mean, aeronautically speaking? Aircraft can't fly overhead? Imagine being a pilot and trying to navigate through a patchwork of no fly zones. "Sorry folks, this is your captain speaking. We're going to take a little zigzag to avoid the no fly zone above Mary's house." Sounds like a scam from a company that is powerless as far as FAA regulations and airspace go.

Drones as with hobby Aircraft UAV FAPS are a restricted category zero pilots licence .
Commercial Aircraft are restricted to Altitudes above 1000ft in residential.
I'm surprised in this case video news item you are allowed to fly around the neighborhood.
In our country its illegal the Droner would be prosecuted

I know this guy personally who had his drone hit with a stone. A little back story, these two are long time feuding neighbors. The woman (a 60+ y/o grandmother) said she thought she was going to be attacked by the drone, so in self defense she grabs a rock and makes a 1 in 1,000,000 shot. It made for great neighborhood drama.

Reactions: Classic flyer
I know this guy personally who had his drone hit with a stone. A little back story, these two are long time feuding neighbors. The woman (a 60+ y/o grandmother) said she thought she was going to be attacked by the drone, so in self defense she grabs a rock and makes a 1 in 1,000,000 shot. It made for great neighborhood drama.
Well in her defense she had people throw rocks at her when she was flying her broom...just saying...LOL

I don’t know if this has already been posted but oh well!
It’s not a Mavic but

ALL DRONES LIVES MATTER!

Super old stuff.

I was not aware of that you can register your house as a "no fly zone" in the states, is that hard to get approved? Do you need good reasons or is it just a basic form to fill out and it will get approved?

You can't. There are websites claiming you can though.
The UK has similar a "No Fly Drone" website where it claims you can register your house/castle/outdoor toilet and it tells users its a "no fly zone". However, legally its utterly invalid so serves no purpose.

That said, back to the original point. If someone can throw gravel at your drone, hit it and down it you were too low, too close and deserved it.

Reactions: Classic flyer
If someone can take out your drone with a rock or worse, gravel, you're flying too low and too close.

i believe he reported that he was landing.

but due to a old witch next door. and from what i could see of the power lines. maybe not such a good place to fly anyhow.
no reason to attack someone or there property. even if you come running out of your back yard and do a 1 in a billion shot and take out a drone, with a rock.
i see both sides here are the problem, but yes she should pay full damages.

You can't. There are websites claiming you can though.
The UK has similar a "No Fly Drone" website where it claims you can register your house/castle/outdoor toilet and it tells users its a "no fly zone". However, legally its utterly invalid so serves no purpose.

That said, back to the original point. If someone can throw gravel at your drone, hit it and down it you were too low, too close and deserved it.

Actually not quite true. UK civil law does provide scope for landowners to prohibit drone flights. It is exactly the same and has the same legal standing as a landowner putting a great big ‘Keep Out-Private Land’ sign at the borders of their property. The Civil Aviation Act even says as much.

Similarly it has exactly the same issues as it’s enforcement. That is, it is not a criminal offence and therefore not a police / criminal matter (although if the landowner was friendly with the local plod they may invent some public order type offence just to get you out if there) an

UK criminal and statue law does not override, rather compliments, civil law.

All that said I fly over private land all the time and very occasionally get moved on. Just be polite, pack up and go - you’ll be fine then.

I have also spoken to a copper friend of and he confirmed unless you were being a real tit they wouldn’t be interested in you.

Best to be armed with all the facts though because if you argue a legal point and you are not strictly correct you may end up in trouble.

Note I am not a lawyer but have studied and passed exams specifically in the field of UK civil law.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27