DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Women

Dronage

Reactions
I was just wondering what percentage of this community was female.?
I was flying, nervously as always, the other day, and i thought "This is the 'toy' I've been waiting on all my life"....
Then i thought of all the women i know and work with, dozens , and tried to imagine any of them saying anything remotely similar about a drone...couldn't make it fit with any..
So...are their ANY out there.?!
I cannot stress enough that i am NOT looking for a partner...I haven't finished paying off the last one...THAT is why I bought a drone...

Reactions: TeePain and Simmo
I know a couple females who fly drones but it seems like the're few a far between. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh keep it quiet! They have no idea how much fun their missing. LOL

Reactions: Dronage
I was flying, nervously as always, the other day, and i thought "This is the 'toy' I've been waiting on all my life"....
Then i thought of all the women i know and work with, dozens , and tried to imagine any of them saying anything remotely similar about a drone...couldn't make it fit with any..
I cannot stress enough that i am NOT looking for a partner...I haven't finished paying off the last one...THAT is why I bought a drone...
You give the answer yourself "This is the 'toy' I've been waiting on all my life"
We are men, men don't grow up, boys like new toys.

Well, my daughter loves flying my Tello!

yeh, but only the real stunners I suspect. Unless advertising has led me astray.

But seriously, Bikes, cars, drones, Anything that competes for your womens attention or allows you to get away from
them for cave time, they are not fans of ime

Last edited:
To prove your not a robot, Describe why the nice Lady is smiling.

dji goggles Logo.jpg

To prove your not a robot, Describe why the nice Lady is smiling.

View attachment 69317

Because technically he’s the slave and she’s the master in that set up with all the control over what they do and where they go...Wait that can’t be it cause that’s how it is all the time... Nvm the “she was paid” is much more logical

There are way more than you know. Most don’t call attention
to it for obvious reasons.

I am sure there are female drone pilots out there, have seen a video or two of some on You Tube, but generally I suppose drones or electronic gadgets are not really a female kind of thing (unless it's for taking selfies or vlogs :p).

I have two drones, three if I throw in the toy drone, and the only response I ever got from my wife and daughter when I first excitedly revealed my new acquisitions was "oh....nice!". When I showed them to my son who is away from home studying, his first response was "enjoy them till I come home cause ones coming back with me". He's never flown a drone but the interest was instant.

In hindsight, I don't really mind cause the lesser they are interested in my toys the lesser the chance they will want to know how much they COST. That lack of interest works just fine for me! ✌

There are many over here in Oz.
They have frequent 'Ladies fly days'..
Also one of the Gals @Jess Culley is a stalwart with RPA issues in general in QLD.

There are way more than you know. Most don’t call attention
to it for obvious reasons.
I must stress...I don't know ANYONE who has a drone.!!
My experience in telling people about my purchase has been fascinating though. I work with circa 50 females...almost every one of them either giggled or looked suspiciously at me when i told them, before asking me if it was for looking in women's bedroom windows . I felt this was tongue in cheek most of the time, but a genuine fear at least some of the time.
The males just look at it and say ****, gav, that's brilliant..look at the way it just hovers..look how stable it is....!!!
I understand there may be fears around being known as female in this environment...what's less clear is why i had fears asking the original question lol..!!!

Yeah well my mind was in forum and meant here in our forums. I don't know of none personally .
But we do have several and even some that say they are but hey you can be whatever on the internet .
Ya never know . :)

I'm here :-D
There are some girls flying a drone, but yes there are much more guys.
I guess the necessity of some technical skills and some stress/excitement that comes with every flight makes it a bit more activity for men.
But I hope the number of drone girls will be growing.

I'm here :-D
There are some girls flying a drone, but yes there are much more guys.
I guess the necessity of some technical skills and some stress/excitement that comes with every flight makes it a bit more activity for men.
But I hope the number of drone girls will be growing.
And I hope if you run into any inappropriate remarks or any other of our ladies do you report it or just let me know as I will not tolerate it . One is gone from this thread already because of it .
Am Glad you are here.
Fly Safe .

Reactions: Dronage and Simmo
'Tis a funny thing... maybe.....
In Australia, in our mines, the big haul trucks... the owners prefer women drivers, because they are gentle...
Men tend to just drive faster, like a bull at a gate.... and break ****!!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife