DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wonky Horizon?

chrism

Reactions
Hi all,
Would you mind having a quick look at this video - apologies it's only a quick shoot I did this morning from behind my house and was created in DJI Go 4 Editor, so it's not been played around with at all and only in 720p.

Basically I think my horizon is off - I have calibrated the gimbal a couple of times but it still seems off to me!

Thanks!

I'd be glad to tell you what you want to know. But it's impossible to do that without a wind speed and wind direction reading at the point the aircraft is hovering.

Try adjusting the gimbal roll in the gimbal setting mate.
Yes, horizon can be something interesting to play with the mavic.

Hi
As FlyNfrank says, without some windspeed, and direction readings it's not easy to say, however it appeared to me, ( in a portion of the film towards the end ) that as you panned to the right the horizon seemed to level out, but the clip ended too soon to be conclusive, I assume that you have calibrated both the IMU and the gimbal..

Waylander

Thanks - I haven't calibrated IMU recently (only when I first got it a couple of weeks ago)
I will try that and adjusting the gimbal roll.

Thanks!

This has been an issue on all DJI gimbals since the first zenmuse. Just use ur editing software and set rotation to -2 degrees.

Hi all,
Would you mind having a quick look at this video - apologies it's only a quick shoot I did this morning from behind my house and was created in DJI Go 4 Editor, so it's not been played around with at all and only in 720p.

Basically I think my horizon is off - I have calibrated the gimbal a couple of times but it still seems off to me!

Thanks!
You can adjust the gimbal roll in the DJI Go app while you are connected to the Mavic. Your gimbal roll is in the same location as where you calibrate the gimbal. This will fix your issue.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose