DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wont Calibrate

JetJockey767

Reactions
Tried to calibrate the IMU and the compass but I receive a message saying it cannot calibrate with the engines running. The engines are not running. The legs are folded inward as directed but it still gives me the message. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

Legs folded?
Why are you calibrating? Did the app tell you to?

For Compass cal the legs must be in the flight configuration cause the 4 motors are powerful magnets that your trying to Null out.

Reactions: dannyw777
In IMU the legs should be folded when calibrating and you will get a magnetic interference error while doing it....that's normal.......@least when I did mine.

Legs folded?
Why are you calibrating? Did the app tell you to?
Thats a good question... while I was educating myself as to which drone to buy I ran across multiple youtube videos that talked about calibrating your drone before you fly. Calibrating the compass before every flight was mentioned in several videos. Being new to the game and hearing stories of people losing control of their drones I thought erring on the side of caution and calibrating both the IMU and the Compass would be best.

Thats a good question... while I was educating myself as to which drone to buy I ran across multiple youtube videos that talked about calibrating your drone before you fly. Calibrating the compass before every flight was mentioned in several videos. Being new to the game and hearing stories of people losing control of their drones I thought erring on the side of caution and calibrating both the IMU and the Compass would be best.
Do not do that. Do not calibrate anything before EVERY flight. ONLY do it when the app tells you to. The more you calibrate it, the more likely to enter errors. Calibrate it once and leave it. There is no reason to re-calibrate unless the app says to. If you read the manual, DJI says this also.

The app told me to calibrate the sensors. It was impossible (a brand new drone) to do it manually and the Assistant didn´t recognized the drone. I sent a mail to the support, they told me to send in the drone, for free, and replaced the drone. It is my third drone that they replaced. Apparently there are some issues with the drones. But as long they replace it it´s ok for me...

Hey JetJockey767, I take it from your user name, you're a 767 pilot. I'm a 737 guy myself. ;)

Anyway, I just got my Mavic a few days ago. I took the "if it ain't broke.." point of view, and didn't calibrate anything, even though I'd seen many YouTube videos saying otherwise.

The only calibration issue I've had so far is that I didn't take the clear plastic protective film off of the front vision sensors, causing a "calibrate vision" prompt to show up. I did the vision calibration, and have had zero issues since.

I don't have a lot of flights yet, but so far it has performed flawlessly without doing any other calibrations.

Is it the obstacle avoidance sensors you're trying to calibrate? I had all kinds of problems doing that, Windows 10 was the problem, Asst 2 would recognize the Mavic but not the vision sensors.

Sent my Mavic in for warranty repair work on the gimbal/camera and obstruction avoidance system. Instead of repairing/tested it like they said was done they sent me a completely different drone that wants everything calibrated including the obstruction sensors however they fail to calibrate and firmware fails to update when at 85%. Also the RC now persistently reads "magnetic interference check app" Not happy about this starting to wonder if they sent me a refurbished lemon even though my drone fell under warranty.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d