DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Working on post editing photos

maggior

Reactions
I've been trying to figure out a good photo editing program to use on my PC. I'm set with Davinci Resolve for video. Photoshop seems like it would be overkill since I'm just a hobbyist so I am trying out Photoshop Elements 2021. I didn't even know Elements was around anymore!

On the shot of the football field in the park, I used paint.net (an old standby for me) to edit. It worked but I thought it might be better to learn a more modern tool, hence trying out PS Elements, which I used on the shot of the river. On the river shot, it was hazy and I couldn't really get it to pop, so I went with what I had to work with and gave it a retro look with some adjustment layers.

01 Turkey Brook New Football Field Turf from Above SEP-19-2022_smaller.pngDJI_0957_small.png

Both your photos look good. The second one is highly stylized which is fine as long as it reflects the look you intended.

Reactions: maggior
Both your photos look good. The second one is highly stylized which is fine as long as it reflects the look you intended.

Yeah, the second one was a "make lemonade from lemons" situation because the original shot was washed out looking and there was a haze in the distance. I normally don't go for a stylized look but I thought it worked here.

Thanks for commenting!

Reactions: Saladshooter
GIMP isa free Photoshop type editor,lots of vids on youtube as well

Reactions: Saladshooter
Gimp has a steep learning curve, despite it being free. Take a look at On1 software, it is simple click it to change it, if you want that or move sliders around to change bits and pieces. Also look at Topaz Labs for a nice choice of editing software. They both have a lot of very good presets to use, as well as individually tweaking possibilities. Then there is also NIK to look at, they are all very good options.

There are others out there too but I just did not want to overwhelm you with all the good choices. You second shot is not bad but may suffer from a little too much warmth. Try knocking that back slightly and you may find it improves.

Reactions: McGanksta
If your willing to pay for a photo editing program I suggest Luminar 4 or Luminar AI. Depends on which one suits you better. Also Skylum is coming out with and new version sometime this fall that is suppose to combine a lot of features of both the older versions have to offer.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
I've been trying to figure out a good photo editing program to use on my PC. I'm set with Davinci Resolve for video. Photoshop seems like it would be overkill since I'm just a hobbyist so I am trying out Photoshop Elements 2021. I didn't even know Elements was around anymore!

On the shot of the football field in the park, I used paint.net (an old standby for me) to edit. It worked but I thought it might be better to learn a more modern tool, hence trying out PS Elements, which I used on the shot of the river. On the river shot, it was hazy and I couldn't really get it to pop, so I went with what I had to work with and gave it a retro look with some adjustment layers.

View attachment 135999View attachment 136000
The first shot of the stadium is under exposed a bit. In software you can easily fix it with one or two slides such as "Exposure" and Shadows." (in Photoshop). The 2nd shot is a bit over exposed. Can be fixed with the same tools. In my mind the gold standard is Photoshop. NIK, Luminar, DxO and others are also to be considered but no matter what you do you will have a learning curve just like we all have had.

Dale
Miami

The first shot of the stadium is under exposed a bit. In software you can easily fix it with one or two slides such as "Exposure" and Shadows." (in Photoshop). The 2nd shot is a bit over exposed. Can be fixed with the same tools. In my mind the gold standard is Photoshop. NIK, Luminar, DxO and others are also to be considered but no matter what you do you will have a learning curve just like we all have had.

Dale
Miami
Thanks for the constructive feedback.

The Lightroom/Photoshop combo from Adobe Creative Cloud is well worth the $10/mo. Lightroom is the industry standard for photo editing although many folks will also use plug-ins and 3rd party LUTs/filter packs. Photoshop is less for photo editing than masking, pano stitching and other more complicated roundtripping. Look up Serge Ramelli on YouTube for good LR/PS workflows. You can, of course, use Resolve for photo editing as well. Just import the DNG files, edit and export them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS