DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Working on the video. Suggestions / criticisms welcome

Got bored by one minute. I would like audio or text text to tell me what I am seeing. The slow loud music was about to put me to sleep. I would like an overview of what it is about about. What was the point of dragging on with some of the closeups? I like long clips, but get the views moving a bit.

Got bored by one minute. I would like audio or text text to tell me what I am seeing. The slow loud music was about to put me to sleep. I would like an overview of what it is about about. What was the point of dragging on with some of the closeups? I like long clips, but get the views moving a bit.

I see that we don't match at all in video style.

As the title of the post says, the video is not finished, so it lacks the description on YouTube so you would know what you see. I am not in favour of adding audio narrating of what you see or adding titles. Would it change anything if I told you that you are seeing the tomb of ...., or the street ....?

I see you don't like close-ups

Thank you very much for your sincere comments!

The first shot of any video (and establishing shot) functions as an "introduction". It has to capture interest so the viewer has a reason to continue. The very "long shot" (as in long, medium, close-up) you use doesn't really do that, and the next shot doesn't either. Both are too "long" in distance and don't establish anything interesting. Sometimes its better to establish on a subject in context rather than a massive context only shot.

The traditional progression is "LS to establish, MS to draw interest focus, See you to bring you to the specific subject"...then it goes from there.

The current audience doesn't accept slow pacing very well, us older folks do. That's why the opening 15 seconds have to grab the viewer quickly, and compel them to stick around. Don't move too slowly, either in camera moves or pacing.

Nice shots though.

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
The first shot of any video (and establishing shot) functions as an "introduction". It has to capture interest so the viewer has a reason to continue. The very "long shot" (as in long, medium, close-up) you use doesn't really do that, and the next shot doesn't either. Both are too "long" in distance and don't establish anything interesting. Sometimes its better to establish on a subject in context rather than a massive context only shot.

The traditional progression is "LS to establish, MS to draw interest focus, See you to bring you to the specific subject"...then it goes from there.

The current audience doesn't accept slow pacing very well, us older folks do. That's why the opening 15 seconds have to grab the viewer quickly, and compel them to stick around. Don't move too slowly, either in camera moves or pacing.

Nice shots though.

I'm going to change the order of the initial scenes and publish a new version of the video. I will probably also add titles of the main locations.

Thanks for your guidance!!

You will want to use a variety of shot types. Repeating the exact same moves, even if the subject changes, gets boring.

Different shot types serve different purposes. It's helpful to your videos that you understand them, it's part of the "language of film".

Here's a reasonable reference (though there are many online!).

Was not bored at all and the vid kept my attention throughout. Well done. Very nicely edited. Music fab too.

Maybe fewer orbits of the castle. The clips in the town and in the buildings added interesting details to the overall story. Keep up the great work!

This time it was not possible for me to make orbits around the castle.

Thank you very much for watching the video and your comments!

You will want to use a variety of shot types. Repeating the exact same moves, even if the subject changes, gets boring.

Different shot types serve different purposes. It's helpful to your videos that you understand them, it's part of the "language of film".

Here's a reasonable reference (though there are many online!).

Thank you very much for the information on the link!

If you film during “magic hour” (dawn and dusk) and your lighting & colours will be massively improved.

I know, but when you travel to shoot and you find clouds, there's little you can do.

And with a drone, filming a city/buildings with the sun in front of it, very complicated: to much shadows and contrast for the camera.

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143