DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

World direction vs compass interference

Reactions
Problem? I cannot calibrate compass. Unit is flying well (no drifting, RTH works) but with constant compass problem. How I force him to fly? See the video a then read below.

Was unit in a crash? not yet

What have you tried so far? Normal calibration and super calibration - a lot of stupid moves, turns, twists while calibration, I tried everything (I think I could make a mavic calibration dance with all those moves), no metal objects or anything nearby, many different locations

What device are you using (iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Iphone SE (airplane mode)

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Aircraft 01.00.05000, Remote 01.00.0200

What Go app version are you using? DJI GO 4 version 4.3.10

Any modification?
(if so what) no

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

And the video :

How I make this bird fly? As You can see on video the compass interference is changing depending the directions of the world the aircraft is pointed at. I just find the direction in which the interference is low and reboot the aircraft. After that there is no compass error and I can take off. Of course when I change the direction while flying I got message that there is a compass problem. RTH works well. No problem while flying.

1. Could You guys check if the changing world direction affects interference in Yours Aircrafts?
2. I read a lot of compass problems in this forum and I think Cfixer would do the job. Do You know anybody in Peru that have one? Or even south from Peru because I am going south until I get to Ushuaia.

My unit I bought in USA - if it's changing anything.

Ok problem solved. I left my MA to official DJI store in Lima, Peru and asked them to repair it. Firstly they demagnetize my dron using small demagnetizer which didn’t work. After I begged them to try something else they used huge demagnetizer.
Now dron is working as a new :)

BTW
When I was picking up my drone I meet a guy which had same problem.

Demagnetizing seems to solving compass problems.

Reactions: sar104
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB