DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Worldwide Public Liability Insurance / Drone Permit

TigerT

Reactions
Please forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place.

I'm after a little bit of help if I may. I'm off to Namibia in a few weeks and in order to use my Mavic Air I'm aware I need to apply for a permit to fly. I've contacted the Namibia Civil Aviation Authority and they require me to have drone specific third party liability insurance there in order to proceed (I'm in the UK) and a minimum of 30 days to process. I've registered with FPVUK thinking it would cover me but it turns out this is only for the UK/Europe. I was looking to get my other insurance cover with Photoguard but they don't offer it either. I'm really trying to do everything above board and legally but I'm drawing blanks where else I can get this cover from... Any ideas please?

Many thanks in advance!

BMFA liablilty insurance covers you worldwide, if you're a member, check their website

Reactions: TigerT
Well there's this... and although a lot of African countries are excluded, Namibia isn't on the list, so worth looking into maybe ?

Reactions: TigerT
Thank you for your responses guys. I’ve just signed up to BMFA, £17 for the rest of the year sounds like a bargain to get me fully covered for the permit and hopefully that should be enough for the Namibia Civil Aviation Authority. Just need to create some ‘google map screenshots with the respective coordinates in WGS-84 format’ now... I’ll post back with any updates with the permit process.

Thanks again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev