DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

worry to fly after crach

Hossam Tawfol

Reactions
After a crashing My Mavic 2 pro the camera was twisted towered the body. I took the gamble apart I checked it, the problem was a lock of the camera due to the spacer in the right side. I reinstalled everything in place. I checked everything and it is working perfectly although the camera arm looks like it bent.

I made self-calibration for gamble and went fine. The camera movement is OK.

I heard a lot about gimbal overloaded and my question…. Is this error appear during flight or at starting the drone since I’m afraid from another crash.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2109.jpg
    IMG_2109.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2108.jpg
    IMG_2108.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: GFields
After a crashing My Mavic 2 pro the camera was twisted towered the body. I took the gamble apart I checked it, the problem was a lock of the camera due to the spacer in the right side. I reinstalled everything in place. I checked everything and it is working perfectly although the camera arm looks like it bent.

I heard a lot about gimbal overloaded and my question…. Is this error appear during flight or at starting the drone since I’m afraid from another crash.

Your question is a little unclear.. If everything appears to be working normally and your not getting gimbal overload messages, than you should be fine.

However if you're getting error msgs while flying, the gimbal overload message of course mean that the gimbal is not moving freely it sticking somewhere during its movements. I do not think these messages will lead to another crash, but your drone is not operating correctly and you may not have the parts or access to the needed parts to potentially fix it yourself and that would require DJI to support to setup a repair.

Reactions: Hossam Tawfol
Your question is a little unclear.. If everything appears to be working normally and your not getting gimbal overload messages, than you should be fine.

However if you're getting error msgs while flying, the gimbal overload message of course mean that the gimbal is not moving freely it sticking somewhere during its movements. I do not think these messages will lead to another crash, but your drone is not operating correctly and you may not have the parts or access to the needed parts to potentially fix it yourself and that would require DJI to support to setup a repair.
Thanks for your reply. You already answered my question since I was worried that gimbal overload during flight can lead to another crash. Now I’m relaxing and I will do a test flight.

I hope I will be good since in Egypt, we don’t have any DJI support and we usually import all spare parts from the USA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

If everything seems to be working ok, take it for a test flight. Good luck

Reactions: Hossam Tawfol
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

If everything seems to be working ok, take it for a test flight. Good luck
Thanks for your advice. I made test flight. The start was perfect but suddenly the camera acts crazy and I sound coming from Yaw motor was obvious. I shout down and restart and every thing working perfectly. I believe the yaw motor need to be changed also the bracket arm.

The bracket arm available on Amazon not a DJI original parts, it is metal although the original is plastic. I’m worry for metal matel not since it can cause load on the gimbal motor. ANY ADVISE PLEASE

Attachments

• 61Mb1Sit1zL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg
    61Mb1Sit1zL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 1
Thanks for your advice. I made test flight. The start was perfect but suddenly the camera acts crazy and I sound coming from Yaw motor was obvious. I shout down and restart and every thing working perfectly. I believe the yaw motor need to be changed also the bracket arm.

The bracket arm available on Amazon not a DJI original parts, it is metal although the original is plastic. I’m worry for metal matel not since it can cause load on the gimbal motor. ANY ADVISE PLEASE
Personally, I would only use OEM parts. However, in my brief search, all I could find were ones made of metal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato