DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would an upgraded cable be of any benefit?

Steve M

Reactions
I could not find this question discussed previously.
My mavic 2 controller has a black type A USB. I believe this is what is known as a USB 2 standard. Is there any advantage in using a cable rated for higher amps or speeds, like the blue plugs (USB 3 and 3.1) and the latest 5A purple type A plugs?

My mavic 2 controller has a black type A USB. I believe this is what is known as a USB 2 standard. Is there any advantage in using a cable rated for higher amps or speeds, like the blue plugs (USB 3 and 3.1) and the latest 5A purple type A plugs?
If it’s the cable as supplied with your drone I would not have thought so but interested to hear a more technical pro/con comment.

Reactions: Steve M

The controller and phone talk on a serial bus. Any functional cable allows that and won't perform any differently than a high end cable.

There's no harm, but unnecessary.

Also, the stock cable is a OTG.

No.

I bought my Mavic 2 Pro November 2019 and the factory cable that came with it was blue, I only use it with my tablet and have no problems

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR