DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would love an opinion.....does the video seem "stuttery"?

Wait, did you post the cache video on your phone or from SD card?
To me 48 & 50 fps isn't stuttery. Don't need to go as high as 60 and up.

It's not rocket science. Your pan rate is too fast for the fps. Either increase fps, or decrease pan rate or both.
Here's a tool to help calculate pan speed: Panning Speed
Substituting 28mm for the lens at 2K we get 130 seconds for a 360 degree pan, or 65 seconds for 180 degrees.

That looks to be typical performance, normal and expected.

The only mystery is why it may have seemed worse when streaming to the TV. likely explanation is that you were seeing a different issue being bandwidth/transfer speed providing for dropped frames.

It's not rocket science. Your pan rate is too fast for the fps. Either increase fps, or decrease pan rate or both.
Here's a tool to help calculate pan speed: Panning Speed
Substituting 28mm for the lens at 2K we get 130 seconds for a 360 degree pan, or 65 seconds for 180 degrees.
That may be a starting point for some distance. The distance to the primary area(s) of interest also play a roll. As an example; at 30 feet 65 seconds for a 180 would be way too long IMO.

This is my story. I had the same issue like the OP.

I worked for a year to get rif of the "stutter": Technical term is JUDDER.

- I upgraded my powerful Win 10 machine with an upscale Nvidia card.
- I tried all kinds of panning speeds, different frame rates.
- I tried all kinds of editing tricks and delivery formats in Davinci Resolve.
- I tried 4 different video players: VLC in all kinds of configurations, WMP, MPC-HC x64, Windows native player.

Nothing helped. I got nuts!

Early January it was time to replace my 10 year old TV and I bought the latest Samsung QLED 8k.
I have this 512GB SSD USB Stick (15x faster than regular 3.0 USB Sticks), put my videos on it and plugged it into the TV (which only has USB 2.0!)

Everything is smooth as butter! I couldn't believe it!
No judder! There never was any!

Of course it has nothing to do with the TV resolution - it is that feature called AUTO MOTION PLUS.
If I deactivate it I have judder.
Other manufacturers have similar technology under different names.

I said: WTF!
Why can't an upscale Windows machine handle this. Why is there nothing like Auto Motion Plus for PC or Mac?

The SMOOTH VIDEO PROJECT has a workaround but it's not ideal I find:
SVP – SmoothVideo Project – Real Time Video Frame Rate Conversion

Why can't Microsoft do what Samsung or Panasonic or LG and others can do??
So let me understand you correctly, the new Win 10 PC w/Nvidea card did nothing or next to nothing?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic