DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would this be a good idea for editing?

@Motomike117 what are they using in your digital media tech program?

I’d think you’ll want to know what they are recommending for students, because that’s where you might be getting a lot of formal and informal support.

Drones and modern camcorders are recording at 4k. There’s nothing unique about drone recordings that you would choose a different computer than you would for DSLR / camcorder footage.
I just bought a Canon T7. Should arrive tomorrow. This was the recommendation by my professor, if we are on a bit of a budget... So, I assume this is what most of the other students will be using. Thanks for the reply.

Just read through all the replies. Thanks ya'll. It's a LOT of info for a lifelong motohead/surfer to absorb. I'll have to keep referring back to this thread before I make my purchase next month. My TV is a 4K 47" Phillips smart tv, if that helps. And yes, I plan on going to a 3-monitor, 4K setup (as some of you have mentioned), but that's $$$ down the road. As far as the editing software used in my school's program, I haven't gotten that far yet. I'm still in intro to digital photography (DSLR with aperture, iso, shutter speed, filters, etc.) , so I have a long way to go. But I'm looking ahead, as I like to learn and wan't to start doing some amateur editing ,etc. I have a few friends in real estate and would love to send them a few videos and see what they think about possibly using them in their businesses. Once again, thanks for all the help so far and feel free to keep it coming. Also, is there any free editing software I can use for my mini SE footage on the cheap, basic ASUS laptop that I'm borrowing from my school for the mean time?

From my experience I edit my videos from
@Motomike117 what are they using in your digital media tech program?

I’d think you’ll want to know what they are recommending for students, because that’s where you might be getting a lot of formal and informal support.

Drones and modern camcorders are recording at 4k. There’s nothing unique about drone recordings that you would choose a different computer than you would for DSLR / camcorder footage.
Thanks dude. Any free ones that I can use on this basic asus laptop that I'm borrowing from school? Just to kinda get me toes wet, ya know... Or do all require a monster of a laptop?

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
Reactions: Motomike117
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1