DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would this be simply a bad connection?

Natehighup

Reactions
While flying yesterday my video feed froze,I had complete control of the craft and my video on the sd card looks perfect,this just seems a little more then pixilated feed I have seen before? I had the feed set to HD and was using my iPhone XS Max, with a brand new cable connector from phone to controler.I got this drone in 2017 and have hundreds of flights and have never seen this,I think it happened when I had a minor signal error (G) I was confused as I have seen the minor signal error before but had no noticeable interference? Thanks in advance!D33CCDB9-C73B-4EAB-ADF6-A54CDDABCB55.pngF906B1C1-1F0B-4FF4-BFBF-5417509B8F6C.png

Have you done a force restart on your XS Max and tried again(cautiously)?
How many apps were open on your phone at the time?
Was this the first flight with the new cable?

I had the issue with both old and new cable,I had all apps closed but I have it set to record vid to phone as well.

I had the issue with both old and new cable,I had all apps closed but I have it set to record vid to phone as well.
It takes a strong signal to receive video so when the signal starts to fade for whatever reason the video will show it. Of course, it is only the transmitted video that is affected and what is recorded directly on the SD card would be okay.

You could also put your phone in airplane mode to reduce overhead and stop an incoming call interrupting Go 4 as a general practice but that will not fix a weak signal.

I use an older, under-powered tablet and I sometimes need to switch camera view or restart Go 4 if some pixelation lingers.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb