DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would this qualify as a Catagory 1 drone?

Torque

Premium Pilot
Reactions
South of Seattle & North of Tacoma, Washington
Sub 250 grams, and enclosed props - does this meet the criteria? It only maintains a connection for about 50 ft, so that would be the maximum altitude as well.

Last edited:
I think so, but would be a good question for @BigAl07

Is this video still relevant? If so, I think we are good.

Either way, I plan to get one over the holidays if the price comes down to let's say $199? Seems like it would be fun drone to play with.

Reactions: Torque
Is this video still relevant? If so, I think we are good.

Either way, I plan to get one over the holidays if the price comes down to let's say $199? Seems like it would be fun drone to play with.

And even at this tiny size, it would still require RID if flown under part 107.

Last edited:
$400 is a bit much for this.

Reactions: mavic3usa
As an alternative to a selfie stick style camera on a gimbal ,it serves that purpose ,if you have a need for such an item ,but whether other members of the public ,in the vicinity of it as it flew around ,would agree, is another subject entirely ,regardless of the legality of its use

Reactions: Torque
As an alternative to a selfie stick style camera on a gimbal ,it serves that purpose ,if you have a need for such an item ,but whether other members of the public ,in the vicinity of it as it flew around ,would agree, is another subject entirely ,regardless of the legality of its use
Well it is a drone, and it isn't silent, so it would be treated with the same regard I would give any other drone when flying in public. I don't think its size does much to disguise what it is. No, I don't have the need for this item, nor do I really have a need for any drone I own. It is merely a hobby for me. This appealed to me because it literally fits in my pocket, is up and flying in seconds without a remote!

I'm just curious if this qualifies as a Category 1 drone - and to be clear, I have no intention of flying this over anyone's head but my own! I have a 9 ft Selfie Stick and a 360 cam for that purpose...lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky