DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wrong date, correct time of day - photos from Mini 2

gnbrotz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Today I shot photos and video of a local event. I flew both my Air 2 and my Mini 2 The photos and video from the Mini 2 were marked as created on May 24, 2003, but the time of day was correct.

Google and forum searches show this issue arising from time to time, but nothing recently, and no consensus on the cause or fix. Has anyone else experienced this recently?

I last few the Mini 2 five days ago, and the photos/video from that outing are marked correctly.

No. I pull the card from the drone and use a reader to move the data onto my laptop. The problem existed before any files were moved.
Any chance this transferring to the flight data also?

I found this if the phone didnt have a wifi connection when the app is launched

Good question. I don't transfer my flight logs to AirData after every flight, so I haven't looked at it yet. I may do that some time this weekend.

I finally got a chance to look at the flight data files, and they also reflect the incorrect date. I have not yet made another flight with that drone. I hope to have some time next weekend to fly again and see what happens then. In the mean time, I have confirmed that the phone I use with the controller does indeed reflect the correct date and time.

I finally got a chance to look at the flight data files, and they also reflect the incorrect date. I have not yet made another flight with that drone. I hope to have some time next weekend to fly again and see what happens then. In the mean time, I have confirmed that the phone I use with the controller does indeed reflect the correct date and time.
I'm curious to see your results. I'm pretty sure it's the lack of a WiFi connection at takeoff.

I'm curious to see your results. I'm pretty sure it's the lack of a WiFi connection at takeoff.
Unless I'm flying in my own yard, all of my flights, with 2 different drones, do not have a wifi connection at takeoff. I use my old phone (no service) with the Mini 2 and a Lenovo tablet with my Air 2. Once I drive away from my home, neither device has any network connectivity, and I have numerous flights with both drones and have only experienced the error one time (so far).

I did fly my Air 2 at the same time and location, and all date/time stamps of logs/photos/videos are correct.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada