DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

WTB Epson Moverio BT-40

cjmorin

Reactions
Hello! I would like to purchase a set of BT-40, the ones without the controller.

I am not planning on using it for a drone but rather to connect to my Samsung smartphone and use as my primary monitors while working during travel. I have dreamt of a product like this for a long time and would love to get my hands on some and would be willing to pay somebody original asking price for a like new set.

Please feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm located in Massachusetts and can do PayPal and Venmo.

Thanks!
Chris

Hello! I would like to purchase a set of BT-40, the ones without the controller.

I am not planning on using it for a drone but rather to connect to my Samsung smartphone and use as my primary monitors while working during travel. I have dreamt of a product like this for a long time and would love to get my hands on some and would be willing to pay somebody original asking price for a like new set.

Please feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm located in Massachusetts and can do PayPal and Venmo.

Thanks!
Chris
Why not just purchase one?

Yes! And when you finally receive an email claiming it’s in stock, sent to you in the middle of the night, when you click on the link mere hours later when you wake up, they say their are out of stock. <grrrr> I want a pair to use with my drones, and as a monitor for my mobile devices & laptop. Imagine being able to work in the car, airplane, etc without breaking your neck!

Reactions: BigAl07
Yes! And when you finally receive an email claiming it’s in stock, sent to you in the middle of the night, when you click on the link mere hours later when you wake up, they say their are out of stock. <grrrr> I want a pair to use with my drones, and as a monitor for my mobile devices & laptop. Imagine being able to work in the car, airplane, etc without breaking your neck!
I use the Epson BT35E with my mavic zoom and smart controller

Reactions: LeadSledGirl
B&H finally received some BT-40S! Happy dance ensued and it was ordered before the electrons on the email could cool. A colleague asked me about using them with a smart controller last night, so your post is perfect timing!

Are the BT-35E’s USB-C? Did you have to do anything other than plug them in to your smart controller? (The BT40S can used as just the glasses USB-C connection to devices that support DisplayPort Alternate (like a Win 10 PC) or can be plugged into a controller (that’s the S in the BT-40S model) that is then plugged into the device. (Basically the BT-40S controller replaces the phone or tablet normally running DJI Go4/Autel Explorer/fly apps plugged into the drone’s remote controller). Do the BT-35e have an additional control box like the 40S?

Additional datapoints regarding the 40S’es - Rochester optical does not have a prescription insert available for them. They said that Epson did not partner with them for this model. They do fit over glasses reasonably well as long as your frames aren’t overly wide.

They did not come with a good carrying case, and the box does not fit the glasses, the sunshades, and the control box all together.

I was able to connect them successfully with my iPad Pro (using the APowerMirror app & instructions mentioned elsewhere on this forum, thank you for those), however text in the image is of reduced quality (kinda pixelated), such that lots of reading (ie books, websites, email) is not feasible. Video viewing is fine. I haven’t tackled getting them to work as a 2nd or extended monitor with my MacBook Pro yet.

I have been unsuccessful downloading/installing the Moverio Windows App from the MS Store. This app is supposed to let you control pixel distance, brightness, etc.

The glasses do work on a Windows PC that supports DP Alt out of the box and worked great! (one of my use cases for them besides drones, was for working on the road) The ‘monitor’ did bounce around more than what I’m accustomed to seeing vs the monitor in my lap but the bouncing did not cause any nausea or motion sickness even on winding road. No sore neck from looking down for the WIN!

Can’t wait to fly with them!

Is there a download for the Epson Drone app game archived somewhere? I really wanted to give that a spin but BT-40 isn’t compatible with the Moverio store and Epson’s been retiring apps anyway.

B&H finally received some BT-40S! Happy dance ensued and it was ordered before the electrons on the email could cool. A colleague asked me about using them with a smart controller last night, so your post is perfect timing!

Are the BT-35E’s USB-C? Did you have to do anything other than plug them in to your smart controller? (The BT40S can used as just the glasses USB-C connection to devices that support DisplayPort Alternate (like a Win 10 PC) or can be plugged into a controller (that’s the S in the BT-40S model) that is then plugged into the device. (Basically the BT-40S controller replaces the phone or tablet normally running DJI Go4/Autel Explorer/fly apps plugged into the drone’s remote controller). Do the BT-35e have an additional control box like the 40S?

Additional datapoints regarding the 40S’es - Rochester optical does not have a prescription insert available for them. They said that Epson did not partner with them for this model. They do fit over glasses reasonably well as long as your frames aren’t overly wide.

They did not come with a good carrying case, and the box does not fit the glasses, the sunshades, and the control box all together.

I was able to connect them successfully with my iPad Pro (using the APowerMirror app & instructions mentioned elsewhere on this forum, thank you for those), however text in the image is of reduced quality (kinda pixelated), such that lots of reading (ie books, websites, email) is not feasible. Video viewing is fine. I haven’t tackled getting them to work as a 2nd or extended monitor with my MacBook Pro yet.

I have been unsuccessful downloading/installing the Moverio Windows App from the MS Store. This app is supposed to let you control pixel distance, brightness, etc.

The glasses do work on a Windows PC that supports DP Alt out of the box and worked great! (one of my use cases for them besides drones, was for working on the road) The ‘monitor’ did bounce around more than what I’m accustomed to seeing vs the monitor in my lap but the bouncing did not cause any nausea or motion sickness even on winding road. No sore neck from looking down for the WIN!

Can’t wait to fly with them!

Is there a download for the Epson Drone app game archived somewhere? I really wanted to give that a spin but BT-40 isn’t compatible with the Moverio store and Epson’s been retiring apps anyway.
Nothing just plug and play

Reactions: LeadSledGirl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242