DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Wycoller Beck & The Ruins of Wycoller Hall (Jane Eyre)

Paul Iddon

Reactions
The beck runs through the village of Wycoller, meandering past Wycoller Hall, a late sixteenth-century manor house.

Today Wycoller Hall stands in ruins but this 16th century hall is believed to have been the inspiration for Ferndean Manor in Charlotte Bronte’s novel, ‘Jane Eyre’.

The beck is crossed by no less than seven bridges, the oldest of which is Clam Bridge, more than 1000 years old, and the bridge is listed as an Ancient Monument.

Finds of flint tools and axe heads at Wycoller indicate that there was a community here from as early as the Stone Age.

Paul.

The beck runs through the village of Wycoller, meandering past Wycoller Hall, a late sixteenth-century manor house.

Today Wycoller Hall stands in ruins but this 16th century hall is believed to have been the inspiration for Ferndean Manor in Charlotte Bronte’s novel, ‘Jane Eyre’.

The beck is crossed by no less than seven bridges, the oldest of which is Clam Bridge, more than 1000 years old, and the bridge is listed as an Ancient Monument.

Finds of flint tools and axe heads at Wycoller indicate that there was a community here from as early as the Stone Age.

Paul.
Magical, and beautifully shot, the music was great, we done on another master piece.

Reactions: Paul Iddon
Nice work. What was background music?

Thank you Ironsky.

The beautiful soundtrack is "Even in the Shadows " sung by Enya.

Paul.

Could you tell me what the function is of the "curved depression" is in the wall also the "key hole" in the wall on the right. I really enjoy seeing how the construction was done years ago. It now seems to be a lost art. Thanks

Could you tell me what the function is of the "curved depression" is in the wall also the "key hole" in the wall on the right. I really enjoy seeing how the construction was done years ago. It now seems to be a lost art. Thanks

Inside whats left of the old hall is this splendid fireplace, with a seat running around the inside of the chimney so that guests can sit all the way around the fire.

To the right of the fireplace is our mystery. A keyhole-shaped opening in the wall with a space behind it. It could have been merely a wood store for the fire, but then why make it such an unusual shape? For now, nobody knows....

Paul.

Really fascinating, over 1000 years old...boggles my mind. Wish next time take a slow view over the 1000 year old Clam bridge. Hard to put that in my mind! Thanks and beautifully done!

Really fascinating, over 1000 years old...boggles my mind. Wish next time take a slow view over the 1000 year old Clam bridge. Hard to put that in my mind! Thanks and beautifully done!

Thank you :)

Paul.

Inside whats left of the old hall is this splendid fireplace, with a seat running around the inside of the chimney so that guests can sit all the way around the fire.

To the right of the fireplace is our mystery. A keyhole-shaped opening in the wall with a space behind it. It could have been merely a wood store for the fire, but then why make it such an unusual shape? For now, nobody knows....

Paul.
Thanks,

Casey

You're welcome Casey.

Paul.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members