DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yaw video jump

Rafiky

Reactions
Does anybody know how to avoid video jumping (stuttering) while yawing? I feel I’m missing something with the settings. Thank you.

I can't say for sure about your particular situation but for me, the problem was not the actual footage but rather my computer. When yawning every pixel on the screen is rapidly changing and my older system just could not handle it. It skips frames and makes it appear to jerk. If you can try the same footage on a faster computer - maybe a friend has one. Or try rendering the stuttering file to a lower bit rate - as if you were going to post it on YouTube and see if your system plays it smoother. Either one should reveal whether it is the footage or your system. If the fault is in the original file it should always play exactly the same way and jump at the same points.

I can't say for sure about your particular situation but for me, the problem was not the actual footage but rather my computer. When yawning every pixel on the screen is rapidly changing and my older system just could not handle it. It skips frames and makes it appear to jerk. If you can try the same footage on a faster computer - maybe a friend has one. Or try rendering the stuttering file to a lower bit rate - as if you were going to post it on YouTube and see if your system plays it smoother. Either one should reveal whether it is the footage or your system. If the fault is in the original file it should always play exactly the same way and jump at the same points.

Thank you very much for your reply. I’ll definitely look into it. Although I use the same hardware and software (iPad Pro 2020 and LumaFusion) with my other drones (Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom and Scadio 2), no problems with those.

Thank you very much for your reply. I’ll definitely look into it. Although I use the same hardware and software (iPad Pro 2020 and LumaFusion) with my other drones (Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom and Scadio 2), no problems with those.
Is your firmware up to date? I had some annoying jitter when the drone was still on 1.0.2.

Is your firmware up to date? I had some annoying jitter when the drone was still on 1.0.2.

Thank you for replying, I just updated it to V01.00.0500, let’s see if it corrects it. By the way DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic Mini doesn’t work.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrantleyB