DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yet another trip to Izmir/Turkey...

GoGo22

Reactions
Another trip to Izmir/Turkey, this time we were gone for 1 week. Stil took the opportunity to fly my mavic 2 zoom/Pro.

i‘m back a while now but did not have much time to edit my footage until a couple of days ago. So edit 2 photos and compiled a short video for now. Will add more photo’s as soon as i have a little free time to work on them again

please if you have the time, like my video and leave a comment at my YouTube Channel ☺️

thnx and enjoy!

Nice, I was just there 2 weeks ago!

my wife is from izmir, so with every opportunity we try to go back there :) i live in The Netherlands :) this was in the week of 23 December till 30 Dec. it was a bit cold and rainy for izmir so could not fly the drone a lot☺️

Another trip to Izmir/Turkey, this time we were gone for 1 week. Stil took the opportunity to fly my mavic 2 zoom/Pro.

i‘m back a while now but did not have much time to edit my footage until a couple of days ago. So edit 2 photos and compiled a short video for now. Will add more photo’s as soon as i have a little free time to work on them again

please if you have the time, like my video and leave a comment at my YouTube Channel ☺

thnx and enjoy!

Hi
I'm leaving for turkey in 2 days, I wanted to bring my Mavic 2 with me but the registration process is almost impossible for foreigners, did you register yours? did you have any issues at the airport?

Thanks

Nice work! I, too, wonder if you registered your drone or got any sort of permission before flying.

Hi
I'm leaving for turkey in 2 days, I wanted to bring my Mavic 2 with me but the registration process is almost impossible for foreigners, did you register yours? did you have any issues at the airport?

Thanks

If your drone is less than 500 grams, it does not need registering in Turkey. So, basically Mavic Mini or the original Mavic Air are okay to fly without a permit as they are considered "toy" level drones.
Many tourists come and fly their drones without a permit here, so the local authorities (the Gendarme and police) do not really care as long as you're not flying an Inspire or one of the bigger Phantoms. One thing I would look out for, is flying too close to houses/buildings. Turks do not take kindly to that, and will let you know of that.

Hi

Thanks

im a Dutch citizen but i have also Turkish roots and im an Turkish citizen as i have a Turkish pasport.İ indeed registered my drone via:

for foreigners its not easy to register a drone, im also not sure if foreigners can register the drone.

At the Airport i had zero issue’s, im now traveling with my drone for 3/4 years and had zero issues at the airport or in Turkey.

as long as you dont fly above goverment buildings, military bases, etc etc then you will have no issues flying your drone even if you dont register it.

Nice work! I, too, wonder if you registered your drone or got any sort of permission before flying

If your drone is less than 500 grams, it does not need registering in Turkey. So, basically Mavic Mini or the original Mavic Air are okay to fly without a permit as they are considered "toy" level drones.
Many tourists come and fly their drones without a permit here, so the local authorities (the Gendarme and police) do not really care as long as you're not flying an Inspire or one of the bigger Phantoms. One thing I would look out for, is flying too close to houses/buildings. Turks do not take kindly to that, and will let you know of that.

Thnx! Actually at some places where i flew i should had have asked for permission, but i didnt and therefore i'm guilty i confess ☺️

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom