DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 You see where the major attack came from? The sun! Attacking birds frequently attack with the sun behind them to blind side, prey

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Oh, my Buddha, I have just noticed something amazing! You see where the major attack came from? The sun!
Attacking birds frequently attack with the sun behind them to blind side, prey. I have noticed this with Australian Magpies when defending their chicks, they will swoop and attack anything that gets between them and their chicks. Look up Australian Magpies attacks, they are the most aggressive birds on the planet at this time of the year. They often attack with the sun behind them do delay detection so they can do maximum damage to people, dogs, cats, and anything that moves.

That is why the Australian Airforce have a tradition of painting Magpies on their planes. Sort of “You will not see us till it is too late.” Funny as hell, till the bird takes a chunk out of your head or even more seriously take a person’s eye out, which as happed a lot.

https://i.redd.it/r60gc0y4q3v71.jpg

Oh, my Buddha, I have just noticed something amazing! You see where the major attack came from? The sun!
Attacking birds frequently attack with the sun behind them to blind side, prey. I have noticed this with Australian Magpies when defending their chicks, they will swoop and attack anything that gets between them and their chicks. Look up Australian Magpies attacks, they are the most aggressive birds on the planet at this time of the year. They often attack with the sun behind them do delay detection so they can do maximum damage to people, dogs, cats, and anything that moves.

That is why the Australian Airforce have a tradition of painting Magpies on their planes. Sort of “You will not see us till it is too late.” Funny as hell, till the bird takes a chunk out of your head or even more seriously take a person’s eye out, which as happed a lot.

Footage is amazing, and your control was impressive, WOW mate!

I have a small tree in my backyard very near to the back door that has a robin's nest with 3 chicks in it. Mother robin occasionally dive bombs me when I walk near it...always with sun at her back...I noticed that too.

• Love
Reactions: John Gowland

That is a million dollar shot. Absolutely incredible!!

Cheers John! That was some amazing footage. It is really interesting how they have figured out how to use the Sun angle to make their attack more stealthy. I am wondering if the props clipped the bird which caused him to quickly fly away. Thanks for sharing!

Beautiful footage. I wanted you to dodge down into the valley and zip home at great speed! 😁

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme