DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your experience with the Mavic Air 2

Coming from a Mini, it's better than I expected. The huge step up in raw power and wind handling capability was expected. I expected the camera to be a bit better, but the HDR image and video modes have blown me away. I'm very happy with the purchase.

The attached image was not edited.
Beautiful picture!

My first attempts with the MA2, Photos are HDR Merges of AEB using Photo Affinity.

Anyone know how I get HDR direct from drone? Was right there for video, but all I have are AEB for photos. Curious how quality compares.

video still uploading

Attachments

• hdrtest1.jpg
    hdrtest1.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 54
  • hdrtest3.jpg
    hdrtest3.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 54
My first attempts with the MA2, Photos are HDR Merges of AEB using Photo Affinity.

Anyone know how I get HDR direct from drone? Was right there for video, but all I have are AEB for photos. Curious how quality compares.

video still uploading
“Smart” should be the auto HDR or night mode depending on the conditions.

Been for two flights so far, finding it incredibly better than good old Sparky, but that's no surprise really. Much quieter, smoother, faster, and of course the camera/gimbal experience is so much better. I have flown around the farm but may not post those videos as I have many others from previous flights there. Planning an expedition to some wilderness areas, should be ace to video and photograph there. I like the HDR video function, next time up I am going to use the ND filters and go manual.

One "smart" photo attached. I am happy with my purchase decision for sure.

Attachments

• West Photo Air.jpg
    West Photo Air.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
Reactions: 4score
Been for two flights so far, finding it incredibly better than good old Sparky, but that's no surprise really. Much quieter, smoother, faster, and of course the camera/gimbal experience is so much better. I have flown around the farm but may not post those videos as I have many others from previous flights there. Planning an expedition to some wilderness areas, should be ace to video and photograph there. I like the HDR video function, next time up I am going to use the ND filters and go manual.

Nice shot, look like it's right next door ;-)

first quick and dirty HDR video, no editing except cut and transition in Resolve, color is straight of drone

I wanted to play with your beautiful shot...Just added a little vibrance and some sun rays in post.

Attachments

• West Photo Air.jpeg
    West Photo Air.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 31
I'm no professional, still playing with the settings on the camera, but I'm loving this drone!
963cd47ec7a408c37f1c4809d8c470c8.jpg
943907fdb35834b7a4e2b7334cdfb2ff.jpg

I will never forget the day mine arrived. It rain for 3 days straight. I did a lot of test flights inside. It took longer to get the SD card then the drone. The plan was order the drone combo set and the other stuff. Even with Amazon prime, the drone came before my other order.
I did do a test video and had Youtube degrade it to fight on my page. Posted to some friends on Facebook and they loved it. Some of their kids did not think the video was real.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis