DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Your opinion about modify mavic's controller for less noise

jason38

Reactions
Hi everybody ,

I was looking for a software solution to decrease sound of the controler. It's too loud when I switch it on, off or when the mavic come back or when battery comes down... As I always fly in savage areas , in mountains (where me , and other people-and animals- dont want to ear that BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!!!!....) , I wanted to lower those sounds...

I saw two ways to fix it , but apparently no way to do it from the software...

I saw a video where the guy tear the controler down to find the beeper (which is on the main board, also the last part to remove) ans replace it by leds...

I also saw another way, but it seems very strange...
The guy just make a little hole on the back of the controler, where the beeper stays, and, like magic, no more beeps...
How can he shut off the beeper doing only a hole in the back of the remonte controler?

Do anyone tried this?

Or if someone has a better way to shut the beeper down or lower the sound, I could be very interested!!

Thank you! ;)

Some drill a small hole then use small screw to adjust volume.

Tighten screw a little pushes against speaker,making it quieter.

Some drill a small hole then use small screw to adjust volume.
Ok,
so, the beeper inside the controler is equiped with a little screw to adjust volume? Or do I need to place a screw that comes obstruct the beeper's speaker?

Its really anoying to ear that sound from the controler, but I dont want to destroy a controler doing that... So I want to be pretty sure about what to do before starting this operation...

Reactions: Ghunzolo
Somewhere on here tells exactly where to drill hole and how long screw is almost flush when done right.

You were right, I found that topic. Here is the whole explanation of how to decrease or completely disable beeper sound. Thank you for your help, I didn't found that post on my first searches... The name of that topic is "
Fix Controller Buzzer in 10 Minutes "Easy" ". I'll try it and tell if it works fine...
flightclub-mavic-beeper-mod-png.7801

#1FlightClub, Mar 4, 2017
Last edited: Mar 6, 2017

Reactions: funat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf