DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Youtube,Facebook etc.

JamesJB

Reactions
Hope this is the right place for this..

Was wondering if I can upload drone videos and pictures to my YouTube and or Facebook account legally.

I'm not Part 107 so not commercial. I wouldn't be selling any of the footage so I would think I could.

Sorry for the silly question it's just in the past years ago I thought ya couldn't cause of the FAA thinking it would be commercial stuff.

I'm just a little confused about it and don't want to get in trouble.

Please forgive my dumbness 😔

Thank you for the help.

Last edited:
Yes upload to YouTube. You need a significant number of subscribers before your channel can become monetized (Make money from YouTube) by the time you are close to that point you might already have a 107 cert or will consider getting one.

You need over 1000 subscribers and over 4000 hours of views in 12 months to be considered for monetization. Most small YouTube channels never come close to that.

And if the INTENTION of your flight is not for commercial work or to make money on your FB/Youtube, but to just share your hobby, then your good to go. If you post it to someone else's FB/Youtube and theirs is a business, then you would be enhancing their business and it would be commercial. So if you stick to just your own FB/Youtube page, you should have no problems.

Reactions: mereflyer
And if the INTENTION of your flight is not for commercial work or to make money on your FB/Youtube, but to just share your hobby, then your good to go. If you post it to someone else's FB/Youtube and theirs is a business, then you would be enhancing their business and it would be commercial. So if you stick to just your own FB/Youtube page, you should have no problems.
Yea not planning to make any money or commercial work just wanted to show off some nice video and pictures. Maybe once I save up and study and take the test for Part 107 I'll do commercial stuff.
The study stuff looks hard 😔 I suck at math and not good at reading maps 😔.

Compensation of any kind doesn't define a Part 107 flight. The intention of the flight has everything to do with it. You can only fly recreationally for your own personal enjoyment since it is an exception to Part 107. Anything other than that is considered Part 107 and falls under all the rules and restrictions that govern it. Just posting to You Tube or Facebook itself, will not be considered Part 107.

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams