DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

YouTube views

Jeremy Clark

Reactions
Hi all
Does anyone know why views of my clips from this forum don’t equate to view numbers on my YouTube channel? According to this forum, a clip I posted 2 days ago has been viewed 299 times, yet my YouTube views for the same clip only show 81 views? Any ideas.

Dose it make a difference to the count if a viewer doesn't click the watch on youtube.com button but watches on the forum ?

Hey Jez and Borg, I dont want to derail the thread but what with one of you from the NW and the other in the SW how are BoJo's restrictions affecting you all. IS the tier system working?

Incidentally, I once asked a poster whether if we 'like' his YouTube video here on this forum, he does not get credit for it in YouTube. Not sure what 'value' the poster gets from a YouTube like (if any really), but I usually like to click on the link in the forum and have it viewed in YouTube. That way the fact that I liked it gets credited to him by YT and also YT gets more info on what I like (improving my feeds).

Dose it make a difference to the count if a viewer doesn't click the watch on youtube.com button but watches on the forum ?
I don't know this for a fact, but I believe that viewing within the forum and viewing directly on the YouTube site count the same.

According to this post from the Spark Pilots Forum, the likes are credited from the Forum.

Click the Analytics tab in the YouTube Studio to find the information.

No difference to YouTube. If you dig into the analytics for your channel, under "Reach" you can actually see where the traffic is coming from. Click on "see more" and you get even more detailed info.

I realize this is an old topic, but it's great that your video is gaining views. The difference in the number of views may be due to how views are counted on different platforms. Views on this forum may include partial views, while YouTube counts full views. There may also be a delay in updating the number of views on YouTube. Keep creating excellent content, and the number of views will increase. That's exactly what I do, only on instagram, and even buy instagram likes instant delivery sometimes. Most importantly, don't worry too much about the numbers, and focus on interacting with your audience.

I realize this is an old topic, but it's great that your video is gaining views. The difference in the number of views may be due to how views are counted on different platforms. Views on this forum may include partial views, while YouTube counts full views. There may also be a delay in updating the number of views on YouTube. Keep creating excellent content, and the number of views will increase. That's exactly what I do, only on instagram, and even buy instagram likes instant delivery sometimes. Most importantly, don't worry too much about the numbers, and focus on interacting with your audience.

personally tested

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom