DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zenfone V (or 6 or whatever)

noxbit

Reactions
Does anyone out there use a Zenfone V (its verizon's exclusive asus phone) Its a nice phone and plenty powerful enough, BUT whenever i connect it to the mavic air controller it just connects and disconnects every couple of seconds (the phone does, it vibrates like it was plugged in for charging). I really like my phone and dont really want to get a new one just to make it work with the air but will if i have to.

Yes - my problem exactly. Did you ever get an answer? Got a Zenfone 5, but it does exactly the same thing - vibrates like it is charging, but doesn't connect. I have a suspicion that it is an Android OS conflict (v. 7.11 on my Zenfone) or some similar type of conflict. It must be due to charging, since the popup "Do you want to enable file transfer" quickly appears and disappears once the rc is plugged into the phone via the lower USB port (not the side one, which randomly disconnects or wont connect at all).

Also If I use a store bought 8" OTG cable, the RC screen immediately shows battery percent left (meaning it's trying to charge the phone) but if I use DJI's too short OEM cable, it doesn't do this and works flawlessly.

Last edited:
Ok - you need the right cord. I'm still not sure what type, but the 3" cable from DJI works - it's not a charging or OTG cable, but it works.

So what is the solutuon for this problem? I'm a zenfone 3 user and it's a fast phone. What seems to be yhe hindrance of connecting with the rc? Please advise soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki