DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zero Zero's V-copter Falcon awarded at CES

CactusJackSlade

Reactions
Maybe I'm being a Scrooge, but they didn't even fly the thing at the show. Maybe an interesting new CONCEPT, but an awards? Really?!

After watching more of the video they had at the show and looking it over even more closely I will not be putting my money down on this one.20200109_151140.jpg

As pointed out before basically the camera is at the bottom of a pendulum and the gimbal is going to get a heck of a workout! Not what you want for aerial video or photography.

Reactions: old man mavic
Yeah not me ether.
You can see more on it here.

Maybe I'm being a Scrooge, but they didn't even fly the thing at the show. Maybe an interesting new CONCEPT, but an awards? Really?!

After watching more of the video they had at the show and looking it over even more closely I will not be putting my money down on this one.View attachment 90427

As pointed out before basically the camera is at the bottom of a pendulum and the gimbal is going to get a heck of a workout! Not what you want for aerial video or photography.
Imagine what happens if the complex and minuscule tilt-rotor mechanism fails in flight. No thanks!

while i agree with the comments above ,i believe that they received the award ,not so much for the drones capabilities,but for the innovation behind the concept,whether they can get it to work reliably remains to be seen

Reactions: Gindra and Thomas B
I'm eagerly awaiting the first reviews ...

Seems like awarding 1st price for a science project in school that doesn't even show if it works. Maybe the software is not up to scratch and it won't look good if it takes someone's eye out.

Seems like awarding 1st price for a science project in school that doesn't even show if it works. Maybe the software is not up to scratch and it won't look good if it takes someone's eye out.
It works based on the few videos that show it flying; e.g.,

As seen in this video focused on rapid directional changes, there's no way you'd choose to fly it in this manner and expect video that wouldn't induce nausea. At least it shows the airframe can do it, however, I'm concerned that the servo mechanism that rotates the brushless motor assemblies doesn't fatigue from this type of flying; they better not use plastic gears.

I pre ordered mine @ $699. Risk acknowledged.

Reactions: Prismatic

After watching more of the video they had at the show and looking it over even more closely I will not be putting my money down on this one.View attachment 90427

As for chipped or broken props, quads have a better chance of getting home.

All that aside, you have to admit that the styling is pretty nice and the design to make it work is interesting.

Reactions: Gindra
As for chipped or broken props, quads have a better chance of getting home.

All that aside, you have to admit that the styling is pretty nice and the design to make it work is interesting.
Yeah me too... the reason i was drawn to it was it's styling

So my physics is a little rusty, but does this mean since there are half the number of rotors of a traditional quadcopter, does that mean it'll be half as loud?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada