DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Zing Drone solutions secures FAA approval for Z-Rid remote ID module:

Thanks for posting; I believe many are looking forward to the new and upcoming modules especially those that gain compliance quickly and made available for sale right away. I've never seen this module and I don't know much about it but it's hard to believe it's going to be a big winner at $180 and on top of that, it's the discounted temporary price which will go up later! C'mon, I understand the window is closing but drone pilots are looking for sub $100 modules and drone pilots want that $25 or $50 complete module. This is not helping.

And what the heck does this mean? "The Z-RID module is designed to seamlessly integrate with DJI enterprise and commercial aircraft models, including the Mavic 2 Enterprise, Matrice 200, Inspire 2, Phantom 4 Pro, Mavic Pro, and Mavic Air." Fancy for attach it with velcro?

Reactions: The Droning Company
I've never seen this module and I don't know much about it but it's hard to believe it's going to be a big winner at $180 and on top of that, it's the discounted temporary price which will go up later! C'mon, I understand the window is closing but drone pilots are looking for sub $100 modules and drone pilots want that $25 or $50 complete module. This is not helping.

Make one. If you think you can make money doing so (which is implied).

There's a good reason they're at the price point they are. Biggest reason is the market is limited, and will be dead in 1-2 years. There's no future in RID legacy modules.

The rest of the RC aircraft market is tiny enough to be totally ignored.

The future of RID for homebuilt and low-volume RC is naked board, unpowered boards like GPS/IMU boards that can be purchased and wired into the system. However the difference in economies of scale will forever have the RID board costing around $100, vs. the cheap GPS modules available.

Make one. If you think you can make money doing so (which is implied).

There's a good reason they're at the price point they are. Biggest reason is the market is limited, and will be dead in 1-2 years. There's no future in RID legacy modules.

The rest of the RC aircraft market is tiny enough to be totally ignored.

The future of RID for homebuilt and low-volume RC is naked board, unpowered boards like GPS/IMU boards that can be purchased and wired into the system. However the difference in economies of scale will forever have the RID board costing around $100, vs. the cheap GPS modules available.
I absolutely agree with this and I've said so earlier many times. With the big December DJI update coming soon, the available drones requiring RID could be reduced by quite a bit. And it goes from there.....

I absolutely agree with this and I've said so earlier many times. With the big December DJI update coming soon, the available drones requiring RID could be reduced by quite a bit. And it goes from there.....
I see over in another thread you found the Holy Stone module for ~$40 with a discount on Amazon... Great find!

Now everyone, run over and clear them out... I predict they'll be over $100 soon...

I see over in another thread you found the Holy Stone module for ~$40 with a discount on Amazon... Great find!

Now everyone, run over and clear them out... I predict they'll be over $100 soon...
Can't remember where on the Internet I was reading about the HS remote ID module but apparently HS was giving these modules *free* to HS customers who would use that unpublished link plus a discount code(s). So that link may not last very long once the traffic hits peak. Sounds like the module is ordinarily a $60 module which is still pretty good considering it's everything you need in one package.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2