DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Zion National Park - Emerald Pools

MPone

Reactions
Emerald Pools in Zion National Park is an oasis in the middle of the desert. The hike is a collection of short trails that meander past a small, lushly vegetated stream that rolls down from the cliffs and forms three pools. This is a relatively short hike and non-strenuous. It is located just across from the Zion Lodge.

Emerald Pools in Zion National Park is an oasis in the middle of the desert. The hike is a collection of short trails that meander past a small, lushly vegetated stream that rolls down from the cliffs and forms three pools. This is a relatively short hike and non-strenuous. It is located just across from the Zion Lodge.
I didn’t see any drone footage was there

• Haha
Reactions: MPone
Beautiful place indeed, but more like watching a relatives vacation video rather than a drone forum.

Reactions: davery87 and MPone
Not sure I saw any drone footage?

I think only the first 18 seconds was drone footage, probably taken very quickly on the sly, and the remainder with standard cameras.Hopefully, the Park Ranger did not see it, but it is a risky business that will put all of us under more scrutiny. For me, I would not have included it. Tell me I am wrong, if you will.

Dale

Miami

So is this inside or outside the national park?

@Dale D is correct that the drone footage is at the first 18 seconds of the video. But you're wrong on me flying in the National Park. The drone footage was shot outside of the park. So no worries as I did not break any rules. I've been good boy lately. The rest of the video is shot by DJI Pocket 2.

@captg , @Jet skier , @skipweeks

@Dale D is correct that the drone footage is at the first 18 seconds of the video. But you're wrong on me flying in the National Park. The drone footage was shot outside of the park. So no worries as I did not break any rules. I've been good boy lately. The rest of the video is shot by DJI Pocket 2.

@captg , @Jet skier , @skipweeks
The National Parks are spectacular! There is not a single one us who not jump at the chance to fly over these amazing sites. Several years ago, a drone fell into the magnificent Grand Prismatic thermal pool (see photo). Our drone community cannot afford the draconian restrictions that would follow if more incidents like this happen.
We have to restrain ourselves!
Screen Shot 2022-03-15 at 5.30.36 PM.png

I think only the first 18 seconds was drone footage, probably taken very quickly on the sly, and the remainder with standard cameras.Hopefully, the Park Ranger did not see it, but it is a risky business that will put all of us under more scrutiny. For me, I would not have included it. Tell me I am wrong, if you will.

Dale

Miami
I heard that the National parks is in discussions about opening up national parks for one day a week for recreational drone pilots in certain areas. Nick moss interview

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard