DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

zoom feature

The digital video zoom is actually a live digital crop, and cropping still images can easily be done in post.

Not entirely sure how they implemented the digital zoom for video - might be connected to binning down the 48MP sensor - so to get the best results, I'd suggest shooting in 48MP photo mode, then cropping.

Ok, thanks. Want to take my ma2 out towards a local lighthouse and obviously the range is too far for the ma2. Was hoping to be able to take a photo but due to the distance I wouldn't even begin to guess if the shot I had taken was any good for cropping. I suppose I could take a video at the 4 x distance and then swap to photo and take one. Never attempted it before so don't know how good it'll turn out?

Flew the other day for the first time since update.
Am pretty certain my zoom was only x2

Flew the other day for the first time since update.
Am pretty certain my zoom was only x2

I'm new to the MA2 and I belive it's 4x in 1080p, 2x in 4k.

Ok, thanks. Want to take my ma2 out towards a local lighthouse and obviously the range is too far for the ma2. Was hoping to be able to take a photo but due to the distance I wouldn't even begin to guess if the shot I had taken was any good for cropping. I suppose I could take a video at the 4 x distance and then swap to photo and take one. Never attempted it before so don't know how good it'll turn out?
You can also take still frame extract from the 4x 1080p video, but the file size will not support large prints, even though it should be plenty good enough for social media sharing!

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones