DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Light Painting - On Board Waypoints vs Virtual Sticks

Yes there is a lot of trial and error involved. After my first semi successful mission my mind is racing with ideas.

Reactions: Chrislaf
One would think that the advantages to onboard waypoints outweigh those done with virtual sticks for light painting, but as the following two images show this is not necessarily the case.

First image - Mini 3 Pro using Litchi Pilot beta (virtual sticks).

View attachment D3300-7232.jpg

Second image - Phantom 3 Standard, Litchi (onboard waypoints)

View attachment D3300-7250.jpg

Both images are unedited. This waypoint mission had over 200 waypoints so with onboard waypoints the drone has to pause to upload the next batch of waypoints after 99. You can clearly see on the second image where the drone pauses twice to upload the next batch of waypoints. This does not occur on a drone using virtual sticks as you can see in the first image.

Thanks again to @DJ Wes for his Litchi Mission Rotator from his Mission Utilities for making Light Painting missions like this possible and easy to do.

Chris

Hi Chris, this is one from last night with my Mavic 2 Pro. I purposely choose the eye for the start stop location to get the effect of a sparkle in the eye ball and since it was 120 waypoints the transition luckily was in the right wing and was not that noticeable.

RussIMG_2140.jpeg

Reactions: Chrislaf
Hi Chris, this is one from last night with my Mavic 2 Pro. I purposely choose the eye for the start stop location to get the effect of a sparkle in the eye ball and since it was 120 waypoints the transition luckily was in the right wing and was not that noticeable.

RussView attachment 174891
Nice shot and it worked well. You have a nice location to do your paintings.

The beach I have been shooting at is a hangout for young people at night and they have had problems. They installed giant floodlights to reduce the problems - not the greatest for nighttime photography. It’s too bad because it’s close to me. I’ll need to scout a better location.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89