DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini FCC Version Hack for Full Power in EU

FCC hack stopped working for me after 1.00.0500 firmware and DJI Fly 1.1.5 app update.

I read firmware has nothing to do with FCC hack. It's just an application problem. They say after dowgrading DJI Fly to 1.0.8 FCC hack works again.

MM CE into FCC hack

I have not still tested becouse I don't really like downgrading. I think it's better to wait for a new solution.

R.

I can confirm that 1.00.0500 firmware and DJI Fly 1.1.5 app update is a combination that doesn't work. DJI Fly pick up some location from North America (from fake GPS app) but still 12 and 13 channels are in 2.4GHz range.

But with 1.00.0500 firmware and DJI Fly 1.1.0 app combination Wifi controller switch to configurations without 12 and 13 channels in 2.4GHz.

I'm not sure which is the latest version of DJI Fly App for FCC hack works. I did not have enough time to test 1.1.2 and 1.1.4 DJI fly App.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ali H Alhosani
I have try with 1.0.8 and 1.1.0 with no luck. Is it possible that the hack i have in the remote control from drones-hacks (rc boost), blocks the fcc mode in the connection?

I have try with 1.0.8 and 1.1.0 with no luck. Is it possible that the hack i have in the remote control from drones-hacks (rc boost), blocks the fcc mode in the connection?

Watch this video: youtu.be/NTimAOwCHi8 It's italian, but you can use google translator. They recommend using DJI Fly 1.1.2

At video comments section I found a drone-hacks (DH Boost) tutorial for FCC. I'll translate it for you:

Code:
The procedure to make the most of the RC of the Mavic Mini in FCC

• For those who have already installed the DH BOOST and want to make this change: first of all you need to have the RC as if it were just bought, that is, if you have already installed the DH Boost, you have to connect it to the DH program and bring it back in STOCK configuration;
• The restoration involves decoupling with the drone, therefore the drone must be re-coupled with the RC, I enclose the procedure of the Mini manual, once done, turn them off;
• It is installed on cell./tablet "fake_gps" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details id = com.blogspot.newapphorizons.fakegps & hl = it) and the app is launched .;
• The version of DJIFLY 1.1.2 (dji_go_v5_1_1_2_3043800_minAPI23aem64, can be found on the Internet) is installed on the cell./tablet, it must be launched and you must log in;
• We must go to the Settings of the cell./tablet - enter the "Developer Settings" (you must activate this option, each cell. And tablet has its own procedure to activate this option, search for it on the Internet and activate it) - You must find the item "position fictitious ", enter and select" Fake GPS ";
• Let's go back to the app. Fake GPS and select a point in the USA and start recording, leave the cell./tablet on;
• We turn on the RC and the Drone, the RC must be disconnected from the cell./tablet, but you must make sure that it cannot hook any satellite, (go to the garage, in a closet …… in prison), in short, you can also cover it with aluminum foil;
• As soon as the various LEDs indicate that the Drone sees the Rc, you must start the engines, with the only use of the RC only (the cell / tablet is not needed), even just ten centimeters, and then stop the engines;
• Now you can start the app on your cell./tablet. DJI FLY previously loaded;
• Connect the RC with the cell with the cable supplied to the drone. / tablet, when you see the image transmitted by the drone camera, you can check that in the SETTINGS - TRANSMISSION section, 11 2.4 channels appear;
• Well now you are in FCC mode;
• Now the BOOST section of Drone-Hack begins (if you don't already have it, buy the prog. And download it from https://drone-hacks.com);
• Launch the prog. on the computer and perform the recognition with the license credentials
"quarrel";
• Disconnect the RC from the cell. / Tablet and connect the RC to the computer with the other cable supplied with the drone;
• Now you can BOOST with the prog. DH;
• Switch off the RC and restart it;
• At this point we must uninstall the version of DJIFLY 1.1.2 from the cell. that we had installed at the beginning, and install the latest version found on Google Play 1.1.5.
• Launch the new version of DJI FLY and do a new check to see if in the prog. DJI FLY
• 11 channels always appear in 2.4.
• From now on when you turn on your cell./tablet and connect it to your RC and turn on the
Drone, you have nothing more to do than to enjoy a nice flight with your MINI.

R.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pericles
I got it :) I have 11 channels in 2.4 with the boost hack for the RC.

The last part means, that i don't have to open the Fake Gps app again or fisrt i open FAKE GPS then CELL then connect the RC and then the MINI?

Thank you very much all for the help!

When you change to FCC mode and take off with MM, before landing disconnect the phone from RC and land manually with RC. Next time, first turn on MM and RC but without the phone connected to RC, take of MM manually with RC only and after that connect a phone to RC and start Fly app. Don't forget before landing disconnect the phone from RC and land manually with RC.

Reactions: Pericles
When you change to FCC mode and take off with MM, before landing disconnect the phone from RC and land manually with RC. Next time, first turn on MM and RC but without the phone connected to RC, take of MM manually with RC only and after that connect a phone to RC and start Fly app. Don't forget before landing disconnect the phone from RC and land manually with RC.
I don't have to open the fake gps before all that? Thank you for your answer ?

Hi, I still cannot successfully hack from CE to FCC. I've done all the instructions in this forum but nothing's changed. Can someone help me with with step by step tutorial? Thanks in advance

Hi, I still cannot successfully hack from CE to FCC. I've done all the instructions in this forum but nothing's changed. Can someone help me with with step by step tutorial? Thanks in advance
Follow the exact guide of raulmavic post.
It works for me. I have try many other guides but this one was a success.
I got 3500+ meters (7000 merers total) having 34% battery left when i got it back.
The last time i have try this without fcc, i left with 2% battery and the drone land 200 meters away.
No signal lost and smooth video transmission now.

I am uploading a video now but it will take some time to be on YouTube (11+ minutes upscaled to 4K).

Follow the exact guide of raulmavic post.
It works for me. I have try many other guides but this one was a success.
I got 3500+ meters (7000 merers total) having 34% battery left when i got it back.
The last time i have try this without fcc, i left with 2% battery and the drone land 200 meters away.
No signal lost and smooth video transmission now.

I am uploading a video now but it will take some time to be on YouTube (11+ minutes upscaled to 4K).

Miksi tämä alkaa aina 2,4 gHz: llä ja manuaalisella valinnalla?Still works at 5.8 ghz?

Screenshot_20200722-213942[1].jpg

Miksi tämä alkaa aina 2,4 gHz: llä ja manuaalisella valinnalla?Still works at 5.8 ghz?

View attachment 108597
I will try with 5.8ghz tomorrow (near urban area). I have around 600-700 meters before all those tweaks. I let you know in a day or 2.

[QUOTE = "Perikles, viesti: 1061062, jäsen: 129526"]
Yritän huomenna 5,8 GHz: n taajuudella (lähellä kaupunkialuetta). Minulla on noin 600-700 metriä ennen kaikkia näitä virityksiä. Kerroin sinulle päivässä tai kahdessa.
[/LAINATA]
Ei voida vaihtaa 5,8 GHz: iin ... palaa takaisin muuten CE-versioon

I don't have to open the fake gps before all that? Thank you for your answer ?

After you change to FCC (2,4 GHz channels 12 and 13 disappears) there is no need for fake GPS. Take off MM with the RC only and after you take off connect your Phone to RC. Don't forget before landing disconnect the phone from RC and land manually with RC.

[QUOTE = "skydiver021, viesti: 1061072, jäsen: 126119"]
Kun olet vaihtanut FCC: hen (2,4 GHz: n kanavat 12 ja 13 katoavat), vääriä GPS-laitteita ei tarvita. Ota MM pois vain RC: llä ja poistamisen jälkeen kytke puhelin RC: hen. Älä unohda ennen laskeutumista irrota puhelin RC: stä ja laske manuaalisesti RC: llä.
[/LAINATA]
Näin työskentelin ennen ja pääsin 4 km: iin .. mikään ei toiminut. Oletko hämmentynyt?

I will try with 5.8ghz tomorrow (near urban area). I have around 600-700 meters before all those tweaks. I let you know in a day or 2.
Your mini is the CE version?? as i know the fcc hack not working with full power in CE models.

[QUOTE = "PasiM, viesti: 1061081, jäsen: 121676"]

[/LAINATA]
Ennen kuin toimit häiriöttömillä FCC-taajuuksilla, mutta arvaa, onko menetetty hakkerointiominaisuus?

Hi, Everyone, I have a question about fake GPS hack,
Since the application (DJI FLY) must be closed at takeoff, so What happens if the Mavic mini needs IMU calibration (because DJI FLY app is closed and we don't know the drone need calibration or not)?

Hi, Everyone, I have a question about fake GPS hack,
Since the application (DJI FLY) must be closed at takeoff, so What happens if the Mavic mini needs IMU calibration (because DJI FLY app is closed and we don't know the drone need calibration or not)?
I think that there will be a message for that after you connect the phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece