DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM CE into FCC hack

Also when flying with fcc hack what channel are people using? Or does it not matter?

This YouTube video is interesting on the hack!
According to this video hack should not work because of different hardware in two different remote versions for Mavic Mini.
From official specs I have Remote Controller model MR1SD25 (CE). Other version is MR1SS5 (FCC).
Mavic Air had only one remote model.

But some people say that this hack work on Mavic Mini, I did not have opportunity to test it but I will be very glad if this will work for me.

Yes after watching the video im now very confused!! Lots of people reporting better range in fcc mode with (CE) model.

My last test with fcc hack applied was a fail. No better range.

I'm going to try one more in a different location to see what range i get.

I have a MM in CE mode. In Bulgaria, that is the modifications. My record is 3.2 km with Yaggi antenna. Today I tried FCC hack, the result was 4 km, but it could have been more. The problem was the battery, there was not enough life. Actually I couldn't return home, and landed 1 km from home point. The good news is that MM landed in wheat fields and didn't crash.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-15-15-47-41-868_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-15-15-47-41-868_com.miui.videoplayer.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
Reactions: pescobar61
Just noticed after the firmware upgrade my Mini CE can go over 1km on 5.8ghz mode without need to do FCC heck... Good enough for me since previously I just get 500m...

Reactions: BlackTR48
Just noticed after the firmware upgrade my Mini CE can go over 1km on 5.8ghz mode without need to do FCC heck... Good enough for me since previously I just get 500m...

Are you sure ? Can anyone confirm FCC hack is not needed anymore after v0.5 june firmware upgrade ?

Last edited:
I have a MM in CE mode. In Bulgaria, that is the modifications. My record is 3.2 km with Yaggi antenna. Today I tried FCC hack, the result was 4 km, but it could have been more. The problem was the battery, there was not enough life. Actually I couldn't return home, and landed 1 km from home point. The good news is that MM landed in wheat fields and didn't crash.
As you may know the Fake GPS hack on the CE model in the 2.4 GHZ has no effect. It does help in the 5.8 GHZ. I've used the hack on my CE in 5.8 and got much better reception and +- 70% distance improvement.

Having said that, you might check out Drone-Hacks website. They have a boost mode hack for the mini that I have not yet tried but from what I hear works very well. It's not free but not that much either.

Reactions: raulmavic
Interesting about the Yaggi. I was told the Yaggi was only designed for the 2.4 GHz band. What is your opinion ?

Interesting about the Yaggi. I was told the Yaggi was only designed for the 2.4 GHz band. What is your opinion ?
I've the bought of them and they work perfectly for each of the frequencies

Attachments

• 140909h3scvvddoppcblex.jpg
    140909h3scvvddoppcblex.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 112111hwgbccgigkks5ei6.jpg
    112111hwgbccgigkks5ei6.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 21
As you may know the Fake GPS hack on the CE model in the 2.4 GHZ has no effect. It does help in the 5.8 GHZ. I've used the hack on my CE in 5.8 and got much better reception and +- 70% distance improvement.

Having said that, you might check out Drone-Hacks website. They have a boost mode hack for the mini that I have not yet tried but from what I hear works very well. It's not free but not that much either.

I remember that they were 2.4 GHz, but I'm not entirely sure, so I dare not comment

@Gary R,

I'm very interested into drone-hacks paid mod. Do you know where can I read verified buyers opinions ?

R.

This is the reason for my previous post:

FCC mod stop working for me. I beg your help.

I was a happy regular user of FCC mod into my CE model Mavic Mini. It worked great, I got 1 km at urban environment, it doubles my 500 meters pre-mod mark at same environment.

After some months not flying due covid-19 lockdown it becomes impossible for me activate FCC mod again.

Lately I changed lot of settings, I'm not sure where is the problem:

I updated Mavic Mini firmware to 01.00.0.500
I updated DJI Fly app to 1.1.4
I updated my smartphone to Android 10

I start Fake GPS app, check DJI Fly maps showing transmitter position any place into USA (I live at Europa), but well known message about changing of zone never appears

Anyone suffered same problem ?

R.

This is the reason for my previous post:

FCC mod stop working for me. I beg your help.

I was a happy regular user of FCC mod into my CE model Mavic Mini. It worked great, I got 1 km at urban environment, it doubles my 500 meters pre-mod mark at same environment.

After some months not flying due covid-19 lockdown it becomes impossible for me activate FCC mod again.

Lately I changed lot of settings, I'm not sure where is the problem:

I updated Mavic Mini firmware to 01.00.0.500
I updated DJI Fly app to 1.1.4
I updated my smartphone to Android 10

I start Fake GPS app, check DJI Fly maps showing transmitter position any place into USA (I live at Europa), but well known message about changing of zone never appears

Anyone suffered same problem ?

R.
Try with older Fly app

Reactions: raulmavic
Try with older Fly app

@zaninio ,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. but I don't like downgrading.

By far I would prefer to find a moving forward workaround, that works with updated mini software.

If you read last comments at this video you will realize FCC hack is not working anymore for many people:

Video comment:

Ivan JdrakovHace 3 días
Did you see the newest update, doesn't let you do the FCC Hack for the Mavic Mini! I used to do it all the time and now after the latest update I can no longer do it! Now I have to fly 2.4ghz manually and hope for the best!

All the best

R.

@zaninio ,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. but I don't like downgrading.

By far I would prefer to find a moving forward workaround, that works with updated mini software.

If you read last comments at this video you will realize FCC hack is not working anymore for many people:

Video comment:

All the best

R.
I have the fly app 1.0.8 and i thing is the best because is only for the mini and not also for the mavic air2 and is more light and the fake gps works fine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242