DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2.7K vs 4K?? -- Slightly different dilemma than most

rth_07

Reactions
I know this issue has been practically beaten to death on the internet, but I have a slightly different situation when it comes to choosing 2.7k or 4k on the Mavic Pro. Most of the threads I have found say variations of the same thing: most people are not going to be watching in 4k anyway, so it's not worth the extra file size and significant interframe compression resulting in ugly flickering.

I have made my first video with the mavic at 4k and although the flickering and artifacts are definitely noticeable, I am still fairly happy with the results.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My question is this: I do have a 4k display at home and would like to upload to YouTube in 4k, however would shooting and editing in 2.7k yield better results without lowering picture quality dramatically? Would up-resing to 4k perhaps yield better results than shooting in 4k natively?

Thanks for any advice, it seems ridiculous that DJI wasn't able to make a camera that simply worked well on an otherwise fantastic drone.

Reactions: sonof40
Good question. I was told to shoot 4K at 30fps. I did and noticed the flickering and thought it was something I did. If I fly today I’m going to try and test both. Thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daviscj91