DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

$49 Huawei Ascend XT2 aka Wunderphone = THE best Mavic screen EVER

On the AT&T unlock your phone page they say you have to have active service for 6 months before they will give an unlock code.

Do you know if they will unlock it on request if I've been their customer (and still am) for many years? If I can use this phone with any SIM while traveling abroad, that would be great.

I just received my phone yesterday and set it up this morning.

Can someone please let me know which apps are safe to delete or turn off. I want to free up all the junk and will never use the phone for anything but connected to the Mavic remote.

I wouldn’t want to remove something that would affect operation of the Mavic.....like GPS. :)

Thanks.

I just received my phone yesterday and set it up this morning.

Can someone please let me know which apps are safe to delete or turn off. I want to free up all the junk and will never use the phone for anything but connected to the Mavic remote.

I wouldn’t want to remove something that would affect operation of the Mavic.....like GPS. :)

Thanks.

Just disable what's obvious (like myATT, Facebook) and don't touch what you're not sure about. This phone was very responsive even before I disabled bunch of stuff. My 2nd Wunderphone has only a few things disabled and still runs like a champ.

I must be getting older than I thought I was. So if I buy this phone, I don't need to be connected to any phone service? Just take out the sim card, charge the battery and go fly. The GPS will work, down load the maps and go fly.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I must be getting older than I thought I was. So if I buy this phone, I don't need to be connected to any phone service? Just take out the sim card, charge the battery and go fly. The GPS will work, down load the maps and go fly.

That’s is my understanding...I just ordered the phone so I really hope that’s the case.

Yes. But if you want to see satellite maps, it needs to be on WiFi (the offline maps you can d/l in 4.1.15 are road-only). You can use your "normal" phone as a WiFi hotspot for that. No obligation to ATT whatsover, this phone is fully usable as WiFi-only device.

That happened to me when I tried it (after it didn't let me get that far 4 times). Then it said out of stock once I filled out all my info. Then I randomly tried again and it worked. Go figure.

This is typical when supplies are running low, due to loadbalancing web servers not keeping up.

hey guys so I have a few 32 gb sd cards, one 64 gb that I use for the mavic itself. I use the 32 gb as extras when I run out on the 64. should I order another 64 for the Huawei or use the extra 32s or order a 128 which it can support allegedly. anyone try a 128 or 64 in it? any luck?

hey guys so I have a few 32 gb sd cards, one 64 gb that I use for the mavic itself. I use the 32 gb as extras when I run out on the 64. should I order another 64 for the Huawei or use the extra 32s or order a 128 which it can support allegedly. anyone try a 128 or 64 in it? any luck?

My Whunderphone #1 has a 64GB card, #2 32GB, no problems at all. Officially, up to 128GB, but maybe more.

i have like 3 32 gbs that i can use for the tablet or mavic so i'm good there but maybe i'll get another 64 gb from amazon. by the way, anyone use the 5-1 mavic charger. i recently got 3 batteries and with this tablet and remote i need it but iwasn't sure since some people on amazon noted their batteries burning out.

I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 which I have been flying with successfully. This
Huawei Ascend XT2 has almost the exact same specs as my J7. Not sure if I will keep the Huawei if I find a suitable 7 inch tablet in the meantime. But for the price it is a good substitute so that I can keep using my phone during flights. I'm hoping if anyone else can compare the two that the Huawei maybe has a brighter screen. That would be nice and pretty much make it THE screen for me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock