DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

4K video problem

Reactions
Hello fellow pilots! I am running into a problem downloading videos in 4K. As in it wont port them to my iphone, It will video and transfer them in the lowest res, which is 1020, I think. I know how to get to the advanced settings, but was wondering if this was a function of SD card size/speed. 32 card in now. Thanks very much.

Reactions: mereflyer
the problem with 4K video is the amount of space it uses it will fill up a card pretty quickly and also it will not play back in 4K unless you have a fast processor and powerful video card to do it your device is probably not able to process it

I'm unsure as to whether you are talking about loading from the drone to your iphone after the flight or during the flight. My Mavic Pro used to save a copy of the video on my Samsung tablet during the flight, but I believe it WAS at a lower resolution. I can understand why; it would be a lot of data transfer to be copying 4K video to the controller and then the tablet at the same time the controller was controlling the drone.

Please note that I am not certain about what I said above, and, as usual, I can't find anything definitive in the manual about it. Note I can ALWAYS download the full 4K video to a computer from the drone after the flight. I don't even let it copy to the Samsung any more because it promptly ran out of storage after a few flights.

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123