DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

50 years old starting first fligt

You bet Rob, can't wait to see the world through the DJI goggles. Hope they come out soon, love the design and they look comfortable.

The goggles will definitely be on my wish list. My phone is a Samsung S7 Edge so I suppose that will be my go to until then. Even with all the advanced tech it is not the best in bright sunlight though as most of you all know. I also have a Samsung Note Pro 12.2" tab but I think that might push the acceptable limits of controller use. I saw a range test video on you tube and the guy just added velcro to the controller arms that hold the cell phone. Along the tops. And then he added the other half to his tab. iPad Air I think. It seemed a lot nicer. My tab may be too big. The goggles would be the best of all worlds.

Reactions: hychewright
Just received my flymore mavic yesterday. Got up early this morning, went to the park and went thru three batteries just flying in the park... I feel like a little kid again! Batteries are on charge and as soon as there ready.... I'm going back to the park. I'm 59 and live in Las Vegas

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Chris and skypros
I am humbly recording the fact I'm 80
await my MP, come on guys I only stopped wind surfing 5 years ago, I promise I will fly my MP responsibly and not take my LOS

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
That's awesome, I hope you live another 80 with your Mavic.

It all started at 60, built my QAV 500 with Naza M. Now a few FPV races.
Have FUN!!!!
IMG_0578.JPG IMG_0580.jpg

I am humbly recording the fact I'm 80
await my MP, come on guys I only stopped wind surfing 5 years ago, I promise I will fly my MP responsibly and not take my LOS

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots[/QUOTE

Hi Hunter, welcome to the over 50's club ! Hey guy's I got an idea. Maybe the Admin could add an over 50's thread for us senior Mavic pilots and let all ages respond to our thread. Good idea?

Lots of old farts in here lol I kid I kid! =P

57 in March, just received my yesterday Mavic...still giddy!! In fact I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a "toy". I've watched every Mavic YouTube video for the past two and a half months.

Going to Maui on January 2nd and hope to bring it back with me.

Reactions: Finlandos
Another "oldie" here. Got my first bird last year at 69, opens up a whole new world, flying where the eagle goes. Added Hoodoo goggles and Litchi (under $50, highly recommend). Waiting for my Mavic, and maybe DJI goggles...both are a test in patience at the moment. PS ..an old 'gal'.

Another "oldie" here. Got my first bird last year at 69, opens up a whole new world, flying where the eagle goes. Added Hoodoo goggles and Litchi (under $50, highly recommend). Waiting for my Mavic, and maybe DJI goggles...both are a test in patience at the moment. PS ..an old 'gal'.

Have fun fly safe...

Wow, now that is a nice quad. Great job, we can do anything that we put our minds to, or at least try.
Thanks.
That was 41/2 years ago. I think DJI only had the Flame wheel at the time. I went with the QAV carbon fiber frame and G10 arms.

Turn 50 in April. Just started flying last year. Ton of fun.

Reactions: skypros
Ya, I'm 52 also, started flying a P2V+ at 49 or 50, they are a lotta fun, I am waiting on them to be readily available at list price but staying tuned in pretty close. It is usually not the best thing to get the very first of a new model from DJI but with that said they sure seem to be a company that is improving and responding better to customer needs more and more as time goes by. I think they will remain the highest volume leader.

Reactions: skypros
Well lets just keep this going. I'm 72 and awaiting my first drone, a Mavic but it's a ways out yet. I hesitated joining the forum because I was sure (and still am) that it is mostly made up of people the age of my grandchildren. After coming across Rob P62 hychewright's then Hunter's posts among others I found hope that I was not alone in my age bracket.

I began reading forums to learn more about flying drones. While I am new to drone's I do have over 10,000 hours in helicopters and find it interesting that there are many common threads between the two. The last 13 years of my flying life was with Flight for Life out of Denver, CO. I think I still hold the record for the number of helicopter flights over the continental divide. The best advice I would give is to know your aircraft's limits, know your limits and know when to say no.

A tip of the hat to all of you in that this is one of the more civilized and informative forums I have found.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure