DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

>64GB SD Cards?

SackboyDad

Reactions
Anyone have an SD card larger than the DJI Maximum of 64GB?

If so, which one exactly? I've heard it's hit or miss and dependent on manufacturer.

I have a san disk 128gb class x in my p3 4K. Works no issues.

I like the suggestion that someone had posted in an earlier thread, it's better to have more smaller SD cards and to change them out with each battery. It would suck to have a long day of flyings images/video get corrupt during the last flight. At least you would be able to save most of your data.

I'm not sure how much GB a 20 min flight session would take though.

Also, because of the way the uSD card data is managed by the Mavic it is always best to power down prior to removing the uSD card. uSD devices are very intolerant of power loss during writes. You may be able to recover them with some of the software tools available but the best way to avoid the issue is to remove power prior to removal. Note that this rule generally doesn't apply when removing them from a desktop or laptop computer as long as you don't attempt to remove it in the middle of a write.

Reactions: magsta
Note that this rule generally doesn't apply when removing them from a desktop or laptop computer as long as you don't attempt to remove it in the middle of a write.

For any of the FAT, FAT32, exFAT types, this rule definitely applies. Always "safely eject" or you'll corrupt recently-written data or the whole filesystem. With journaled filesystem types (ext3, ext4) the risk is minimized. This rule doesn't apply to a completely read-only filesystem.

For any of the FAT, FAT32, exFAT types, this rule definitely applies. Always "safely eject" or you'll corrupt recently-written data or the whole filesystem. With journaled filesystem types (ext3, ext4) the risk is minimized. This rule doesn't apply to a completely read-only filesystem.

This depends upon the device configuration. If the device is configured for quick removal then write caching is turned off and ejecting is unnecessary. In this case you are ejecting the device reader and it will generally be unusable until you reboot the computer.

I use sandisk extreme 64gb cards as well as the 32gb versions. They work perfectly and have never had any issues

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78