DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

69 flights w/o incident until...

Stunnajd112

Reactions
It was like any other day flying with clear skies, limited wind when I take off to a 4 ft hover for 10 seconds to insure a stable hover. At this point I’ll send it up to 350ft. for another 10 seconds and off we go. (Creature of habit)

Roughly 5 seconds after full forward throttle heading out the Mavic goes into a death spin. The only thing abnormal was I received an error limiting flight alt/dist 30/50 the day before. Everything else was good to go.

Just need to ship it out for refresh. Here’s a clip of the freak accident. Dropbox - video-output.mov

b3435a6302a5c4ea6ee205e1d4d849df.jpg
bac7461b5df3f87c1205e68368880062.jpg
aea096cf01cc2762d9f11b683fdbc964.jpg

That was my best guess. Prop failure. Battery was still seated in place and Mavic was still powered on when I retrieved it.

Looking at your video in slow motion definitely makes it look like you lost a left side motor or prop or esc since the MP rolled instantly to the left.
:(

Looks like either you lost a prop or one of the motors died.
It would be enlightening if OP would state whether props were still on when recovered since photo shows props off.

It was like any other day flying with clear skies, limited wind when I take off to a 4 ft hover for 10 seconds to insure a stable hover. At this point I’ll send it up to 350ft. for another 10 seconds and off we go. (Creature of habit)

Roughly 5 seconds after full forward throttle heading out the Mavic goes into a death spin. The only thing abnormal was I received an error limiting flight alt/dist 30/50 the day before. Everything else was good to go.

Just need to ship it out for refresh. Here’s a clip of the freak accident. Dropbox - video-output.mov

b3435a6302a5c4ea6ee205e1d4d849df.jpg
bac7461b5df3f87c1205e68368880062.jpg
aea096cf01cc2762d9f11b683fdbc964.jpg
aw man, dji care?

oh oops, didn't read the last part

do you mind me sharing your video on my blog?

Is that something we should be doing for safety sake? As a noob I’m asking so I can learn. Ty

I wouldn't suggest it. Safety dictates that you would leave your props in place once securely attached, as there's far more of a possibility of not remounting them correctly (human error) than them failing once properly mounted. The stress placed on the secure tabs while taking them on and off is also likely not helpful (though not extremely bad I would acknowledge).

Safety dictates that you inspect your props before each flight but not remove them. If you wish wish to remove them every so many days (every 30+ days maybe), then that would be fine. Safety does also dictate that you remove them while the aircraft is on and inside while conducting other tasks or while connected to your computer. Other than those times, I never remove mine.

Last edited:
oh oops, didn't read the last part

do you mind me sharing your video on my blog?

Sorry, been a little bummed about the whole deal and went off grid. Sure you can use the video. Thanks for asking. Only two things, please don't post until my warranty exchange and don't reference my Mavic Pilots forum name. I'll message you when it's finalized.

Beautiful countryside though— what state is that?

Reactions: BigEegit
Sorry, been a little bummed about the whole deal and went off grid. Sure you can use the video. Thanks for asking. Only two things, please don't post until my warranty exchange and don't reference my Mavic Pilots forum name. I'll message you when it's finalized.
no worries, thanks

i will post once everything is ok on your end

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife