DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

Post update to .700, no need re-enter a single setting. Only took about 10 minutes to do using phone 4G and RC. Everything has been retained from .600. Is this new? If so a good thing! No battery firmware update.

Reactions: emilford and ed1nh0
Is it just the quad that is update, i.e. is the remote or batteries updated as well ?

My drone updated in 5 minutes. That's a record. No settings were lost, however, I am noticing a GPS drift. It could be from it being inside but with a GPS Health of 5 and 17 sats, I noticed my drone's position drifting away from the home point, while it was resting on my table.

My drone updated in 5 minutes. That's a record. No settings were lost, however, I am noticing a GPS drift. It could be from it being inside but with a GPS Health of 5 and 17 sats, I noticed my drone's position drifting away from the home point, while it was resting on my table.

That's guaranteed what it is. It'll drift indoors especially with GPS. 5 Satellites isn't enough either. The navigation in a car would get quirky.

Reactions: Apocalypso

The drifting is due to being inside. GPS technology will not change with firmware, other that the number of satellite connections to establish positioning lock.

Update failed repeatedly !! Tried update thru app switching between two devices (both Motorola) .. butt after repeated attempts ...success!! I roughly Wasted about 2-3hours ..after a night full of MP nightmares I had too call into work sick today!thanks DJI for a night full of unnecessary stress...and to top it off all my failed attempts ran thru atleast 80% completed...headed out for a test flight now,hopefully it's "successful"

The drifting is due to being inside. GPS technology will not change with firmware, other that the number of satellite connections to establish positioning lock.
Well it never drifted before. The technology may not change but the reliability can be impaired with the update. Besides with a GPS health of 5, it should be perfectly locked on. In any event it's minor, and I doubt I'm going to lose my drone because of it.

Update failed repeatedly !! Tried update thru app switching between two devices (both Motorola) .. butt after repeated attempts ...success!! I roughly Wasted about 2-3hours ..after a night full of MP nightmares I had too call into work sick today!thanks DJI for a night full of unnecessary stress...and to top it off all my failed attempts ran thru atleast 80% completed...headed out for a test flight now,hopefully it's "successful"
Great excuse. Hope your boss doesn't read this.

wonder if they put the ability to abort auto landing by pushing the up stick back in?

Seems people still haven't noticed that the NFZ database is NOT tied to the app version. Even if you keep an old app you'll get the NFZ DB updates. And even if you keep the app from getting them they are also in the firmware anyway.

Some people do know :rolleyes:
When you locate the NFZ file in the 21 firmware files please let us know. For now I can locate it in the app and decode it. So that is the only way I am going to know how much bigger it has gotten is by using the app version that matches the firmware.

.400 is still there

You just have to love the way DJI does things Thumbswayup
The Yin and Yang of every move they make is hilarious.

Things like:

7Km range but don't fly out of sight
The Goggles are for your friends but we show pilots flying with them and without spotters. But don't follow that advert, keep an eye on the drone,, How? Use third eye!
NFZ is tightening up,, but we have a firmware version that is still open.
Order today and we ship you a drone in 3 Days, but what about me I ordered a month ago. Yes but we have your money but new guy nu give money unless we give him drone now.

Rob

Still on .4 and happily enjoying my MP, I think I'll hover by the fence and watch the eager beavers.

GPS/Glonass accuracy (with any amount of sats) is around 3 to 5 meters. Drift can be slowed down with filtering, but thats the best accuracy (without corrections) you are going to get. And that goes for any GPS.

Developers are getting cleaver at hiding this drift, but its always there. ie DJI with the photo at take off thing and using cameras/compass/dead reckoning

Reactions: Dragonfly

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002