DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

80% more run time than lipo

OK with the TITAN battery I got 28 minutes 45 seconds flight time
92b25852aba97fafdb672bbb562d8690.png

OK with the TITAN battery I got 28 minutes 45 seconds flight time
92b25852aba97fafdb672bbb562d8690.png

Also titan battery was hot to the touch when I took it off of the drone and the last five seconds of fly the drone began to spin uncontrollably before I landed it 1 feet off the ground

Also titan battery was hot to the touch when I took it off of the drone and the last five seconds of fly the drone began to spin uncontrollably before I landed it 1 feet off the ground

I guess the results are OK because on a battery I'll by itself are usually get between 19 to 21 minutes of flight time

WOW!...so this was hovering, i hovered mine last week to see how long i got coz hovering obviously takes up most power and i only got 17 mins,...just guessing but i bet you get close to 35 minutes general flying if you got nearly 29 minutes hovering....like flying to one place, taking a video then flying back.
Also consider that your not getting any airflow over the battery hovering so try again in general flying.
Option: To help with temps you could strip back some of the heatsrink on battery then apply some thermal paste and fit one of these to really help with temps, they weigh just a few grams 2pcs100x25x10mm Aluminum Heat Sink Cooling for LED Power IC Circuit Transistor

What titan did you use coz there is 3.5mah,5.2mah,7mah,10.5mah,14mah

well at least we know they CAN work together. the spinnin could have. been a characteristic of the critical autoland some of us have experienced. did it show atti mode when spinning? check yer log. what was the volts per cell in the titan after flight??

WOW!...so this was hovering, i hovered mine last week to see how long i got coz hovering obviously takes up most power and i only got 17 mins,...just guessing but i bet you get close to 35 minutes general flying if you got nearly 29 minutes hovering....like flying to one place, taking a video then flying back.
Also consider that your not getting any airflow over the battery hovering so try again in general flying.
Option: To help with temps you could strip back some of the heatsrink on battery then apply some thermal paste and fit one of these to really help with temps, they weigh just a few grams 2pcs100x25x10mm Aluminum Heat Sink Cooling for LED Power IC Circuit Transistor

What titan did you use coz there is 3.5mah,5.2mah,7mah,10.5mah,14mah
That appears to be the 3.5. I would even consider trying dual 7.5s.

Also the Titans take a dozen charges and discharges before they hold a full charge, which mah and was it endurance or high discharge pack you used.

They titan should start using different battery those sanyo batteries are only rated for 20A.
For multirotors which have 3 or more motors those batteries ain't going to cut it.
Those high temperature will reduce the life of those batteries if it reaches more then 70°C/
They should start using sony VTC5A or put a sanyo 20700A or a samsung 21700 which can pump out 25A to 30+ A for the bigger sized cells.

I've seen people use twin 1800mah lipo's carried underneath, so carrying a 7.0mah single is going to be lighter,thinner and twice the capacity,....i seriously think with a 7mah Titan we're going to be hitting 40-45 mins 'GENERAL' flight times
I need to get a battery mod and try.....i can hand made the xt60 mod,do i really need that flashing green light or just wait for a few minutes until the mavic has stabilized.

I know people have been saying 18650 cells 'this and that' but i dont think Titan are messing around.
Read this from their site:

What we offer
Titan works closely with commercial UAV companies to create custom power solutions that enable operators to increase achieved objectives through dramatically improved flight times (our customers see up to 80% increased flight time over Lithium Polymer batteries). Considering that a significant amount of flight time is committed to take off and landing operations, any incremental air time at the objective can dramatically improve productivity.

What we build
We source UN38.3 certified Lithium Ion cells directly from licensed manufacturers and build our packs with high quality processes to ensure an excellent life time. We can create packs in nearly any configuration or capacity and have solutions that allow large packs to be transported aboard aircraft and comply with IATA DGR 3.9.2.6 while maintaining a single point of charge / discharge management.

Our experience
We work with over a dozen UAV companies throughout the world, successfully adding flight time and performance to their programs. Some examples include:

3-1-2017_3-37-42_PM.jpg

31.5Ah 22.2v 1,080W+ Pack
Our customer needed a pack to operate a large fixed wing aircraft. We were able to increase their flight time by over 70% and delivered enough for their entire fleet within one month of ordering.
Titan_All_Connected.jpg
3.5Ah 22v Dual Connector Packs
This customer needed a large array of cells but needed the ability to transport their pack aboard passenger aircraft in compliance with IATA. Additionally, they wanted the flexibility to add or delete packs from their system without adding complexity. These packs solve both those issues - allowing for <300Wh transport and a single point of charge / discharge.

How to get started
Contact us and we'll get to work right away with your engineering team to evaluate options and produce a solution

The sony VTC5A vs sanyo used in Titan at 30A discharge. The Sony are still the king of high C batteries.

Attachments

• sanyo.jpg
    sanyo.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 45
High discharge battery
'2.6AH' NEARLY 29 MINS........YOU CAN EASILY CARRY THE 7.0MAH PACK,..I POSTED A PICTURE AT THE BEGINNING OF THREAD SHOWING THE SAME WEIGHT AS A 3.3MAH NANOTECH
If you got 29mins with the 2.6mah with the following setup god nows what you'll get.
1/ 7.0mah TITAN
2/ Strip back heat shrink to cells
3/ Apply thermal paste and add aluminium heatsink
4/ This is what i'm going to try as soon as i can make or sort out a battery mod

The sony VTC5A vs sanyo used in Titan at 30A discharge. The Sony are still the king of high C batteries.

Out of interest we'll have to post this discussion to Titan and see what they say, in the UK mavics are selling like crazy and probably worldwide no doubt,so it might be worth titan really looking at this closely

I emailed Titan for their comments

Last edited:
djhoodrich was only using high discharge 2.6mah 40% extra power Titans for the 29 minute flight
When using the 80% extra power endurance 7.0mah with thermal paste and aluminium heat sink..............well....do the math?

Cant wait for the 7.0ah.....i think its going to really make dji **** themselves coz why buy their battery's

They titan should start using different battery those sanyo batteries are only rated for 20A.
For multirotors which have 3 or more motors those batteries ain't going to cut it.
Those high temperature will reduce the life of those batteries if it reaches more then 70°C/
They should start using sony VTC5A or put a sanyo 20700A or a samsung 21700 which can pump out 25A to 30+ A for the bigger sized cells.

In the case of Mavic and running Main battery plus 1 or 2 externals, these cells should be fine. The current is divided across the packs. So even if you draw 25A at peak, it's actually more like 10 to 12A per battery. For distance flights you don't push it that hard and draw more like 17A on average. I get this number from my setup where I run 2x 4000Mah LiHV plus stock 3.843Mah battery for 11.8Ah. This setup gives me a runtime of 40minutes. That averages out to 17.9A on average over that 40 minutes across 3 batteries. Each battery has a draw of around 6-7 amps.

Reactions: djhoodrich
I am about to order the 7.0 battery from Titans website does anyone have any discount codes

Greetings all! Trent here from Titan Power. Someone shared a link to this page with me, thought I'd jump on and say hello and answer any questions you might have. Looks like an awesome discussion is happening, I'm reading through it now trying to catch up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbod