DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A glimmer of hope..

Dronebow

Reactions
I have to say, I've been kind of bummed with the Mavic because of all the issues I have had and I've been trying to get the desire going again. I was so excited when I ordered it. After almost 2 months it finally came in and the first one seemed great except it had no range. 2000' was about as good as it would do and since I had owned a P3A (it was a great drone) I kind of knew what to expect on range.

Sent that in to RMA, then got the return. That sucker was totally bad. Compass errors while in flight almost constantly. Would go into immediate compass errors in sport mode. Sent that back to RMA as well. The one I have now I took to Colorado and the video was just terrible on Pikes Peak. Bad jello effect. Some said I need ND filters, some said the cold weather, some said they have the same issue.

Needless to say, I've been a bit bummed. Today though, I watched some videos on ND filters (as suggested by some previously) and now I'm feeling some hope that maybe that bad video in the snow on a bright day was actually because I needed a pretty dark filter... hmm. Learn something new every day. To those that told me that, sorry, I'm a visual learner.. I needed a video.

Ok, now I just need a venue.. Sorry Texas, I love living here but you are flat with very thick tree cover. I feel a lake visit coming on... Wish I could visit the ocean.

Reactions: TheloniasMark
Good luck to you. Sorry for your challenges. I've been incredibly lucky so far, zero issues... knock on wood, and sign of the cross.

I only tell you that for you to know that it WILL BE a fantastic machine for you when you get the bugs out, capable of great flying and photography.

Good luck to you. Sorry for your challenges. I've been incredibly lucky so far, zero issues... knock on wood, and sign of the cross.

I only tell you that for you to know that it WILL BE a fantastic machine for you when you get the bugs out, capable of great flying and photography.
Flew this weekend with the ND filter on and it was flawless. Even took it out over a lake and had headed into the reflection of the sun which was very bright. No issues at all. Except for one but check the threads for me to discuss that. Was not a mavic issue at all...

Glad you got it sorted. Yes in a perfect world we would not need to use ND filters, but it's just been a necessity on every DJI I have owned from the Phantom 1 with GoPro, F550 with GoPro, P3P, Inspire 1 and now the Mavic.

Glad you got it sorted. Yes in a perfect world we would not need to use ND filters, but it's just been a necessity on every DJI I have owned from the Phantom 1 with GoPro, F550 with GoPro, P3P, Inspire 1 and now the Mavic.
The thing that messed me up is that I never needed it on the P3. At least if I did, I didn't notice. Never had jello or other issues at all. But the Taco's were a good purchase! I really think those shots in the snow on Pike's Peak middle of the day that were SOOO bad, were because of the fps vs shutter speed. Just sucks I didn't know this before I went because it ruined some really great shots.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baima