DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

a531 special use airspace

You can fly your drone in the Special Use Airspace. You just need to use extra caution due to the high volume of military flights that might be occurring in that area.

a531.jpg

Reactions: sar104
Alert Areas are a category of Special Use Airspace - in this case A-531 is a military training area associated with Fort Bragg. It is active intermittently and applies from 200 – 1500 ft AGL. It's primarily to warn air traffic of heavy, low-level helicopter traffic. It doesn't prohibit other flights, but notifies of the need to be vigilant in avoiding aircraft conducting training. Notification is via NOTAM.

IMG_3C4BFFE0D46D-1.jpeg

EDIT: I see @beachcombing beat me to it.

You must give way to any manned aircraft in ALL areas, not just special use areas.

I was really hoping I would not have to state the obvious, but I thank you for pointing that out.

It also proves the point many have said on this forum, anyone can go buy a drone and be flying in 5 minutes without any knowledge of rules, regulations, TFR's NOTAMS, restricted areas, warning areas, airways, national parks and monuments, NASCAR, MLB, NFL, Division 1 college football, Disneyworld, etc etc etc.

Airspace is covered in the Part 107 licensing, so there is no excuse for a 107 sUAV Airman not to know the answer , or know where to get it ... but then there are the tens of thousands flying without the knowledge needed to keep all aircraft, manned and unmanned safe

Reactions: sar104
Airspace is covered in the Part 107 licensing, so there is no excuse for a 107 sUAV Airman not to know the answer , or know where to get it ... but then there are the tens of thousands flying without the knowledge needed to keep all aircraft, manned and unmanned safe
What does this have to do with this thread? The OP didn't say anything about being Part 107 certified and the screenshot in the OP says "Fly for Fun".

Reactions: Mississippiwolf
I was really hoping I would not have to state the obvious, but I thank you for pointing that out.

It also proves the point many have said on this forum, anyone can go buy a drone and be flying in 5 minutes without any knowledge of rules, regulations, TFR's NOTAMS, restricted areas, warning areas, airways, national parks and monuments, NASCAR, MLB, NFL, Division 1 college football, Disneyworld, etc etc etc.

That's the reason I ask question. First, please when someone ask a question don't criticize them for asking! Second, I'm not 107! So that's the reason I ask the questions I ask so i don't do anything stupid!

What does this have to do with this thread? The OP didn't say anything about being Part 107 certified and the screenshot in the OP says "Fly for Fun".

I think he was just pointing out that this is an example of stuff that Part 107 requires you to learn, but that there is no requirement for hobbyists to have any idea about.

I think he was just pointing out that this is an example of stuff that Part 107 requires you to learn, but that there is no requirement for hobbyists to have any idea about.

BINGO.

Anyone with a credit card can go wandering into the National Air Space.

And no I am not a newly minted 107, I have had it over a year but I am a Part 61 with over 10 years and hundreds of hours in my log book TYVM.

Well I’m a vitamin because it says B-1 . And I fallow the rules . Register your drone with the FAA and spend a weekend reading and get familiar with the drone laws and FAA regulations and rules . AirMap kitty hawk b4youfly apps and don’t be afraid to ask questions. It was a bit overwhelming at first , but for the most part fly with common sense . And remember trees and water want to be your drones friend. Have fun fly safe .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569