DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aftermarket iPad holder?

Reactions
Anyone try many of the iPad holders like made for the P4? That attaches to the cell phone mount?

Think it messes with the antennas?

Like this:

31870389282_773958850d_b.jpg

It looks good, but I would say it would be very front heavy and with the neck strap where it is not vey practical.
DSC05923.JPG
I've gone this way and the neck strap and nvidia are very well balanced. You don't need to see the screen on the remote as all the info is in the DJI go 4 app.

Reactions: Aerial West
Mines home made mig but the one that Blue Bird has linked too is virtually the same.

Mines home made mig but the one that Blue Bird has linked too is virtually the same.
Yeop, a lot of folks are making their own or 3D printing them. In fact I saw one that this guy made on onother forum from plywood. Talk about saving a buck or two. But why not?, if it works, go for it. :cool:

My mavic hasn't arrived yet so I'm just doing a little pre planning. Not even sure what tablet I will be using yet. I have a 10" Surface RT I think will work but may be a little big and heavy. But with neck strap would be OK as long as it's balanced.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using MavicPilots mobile app

Stiff Velcro on rear of tablet holder, soft Velcro has a quick release std camera strap clip sewn onto each end ,easy as.

Mavmount is by far the best I have seen and used. Forget the flimsy plastic home made mounts. This is a serious solution. Interesting s all aluminum, perfectly balanced you even have a dual screen option. It is a bit pricey but it is worth every penny

Looking at the Mavmount (queried if they have international dealers as I am in the UK), also looking at the DirtyDJDesigns mount on Etsy.

Reactions: Jtmoney
I've got the one in your picture below. Its advertised as for a device the size of an Ipad Mini. Which it does work well! No issues with signal from the antennas to the Mavic. I tried it with my Ipad Air and the Air is a bit too big as it makes the holder a bit unstable/wobbly and very "top heavy" Again, the holder is designed for nothing larger than an Ipad Mini, so I was exceeding what the seller/designer made it for...

I've got a MavMount on the way to use my Ipad Air.

Anyone try many of the iPad holders like made for the P4? That attaches to the cell phone mount?

Think it messes with the antennas?

Like this:

31870389282_773958850d_b.jpg

Ordered the ReadyAction Office for the ipad today. Liked its access to the display without straps getting in the way.

I bought the mavmount and it's totally worth it - even with the expensive shipping to the UK. It's unbelievably well built.

I also upgraded the mount with the Joby iPad grip which is not essential but a nice addition to the mavmount.

Reactions: Aerial West
here's my phone holder. I love it and its well balanced.

mines is a Thor's drone world v3 mount which I modified slightly as I didn't like the off center mount style.

Attachments

• e6f0bf0f-567a-44f9-b177-022167d4da83.jpg
    e6f0bf0f-567a-44f9-b177-022167d4da83.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 35

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming