DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air Combat with drones

Former Member

Reactions
Back in my RC airplane days, we used to have Air Combat and it would attract a good bunch of people. Each participating plane would have a ribbon attached to its tail, and whoever survived without getting their ribbon cut was the winner.

I have dozens of broken but flyable Mavics in my garage, so Im wondering if anyone would think this is a good idea? It would have to be in a big open field, with nothing for miles, and the pilots would have to flt LOS, not FPV, at all times, but could record the kills with their gimbals.

If someone were to offer this near you, would you go and pay $50 to play for an hour? You would use my drones and controllers, and I would be responsible for fixing them for the next round.

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Back in my RC airplane days, we used to have Air Combat and it would attract a good bunch of people. Each participating plane would have a ribbon attached to its tail, and whoever survived without getting their ribbon cut was the winner.

I have dozens of broken but flyable Mavics in my garage, so Im wondering if anyone would think this is a good idea? It would have to be in a big open field, with nothing for miles, and the pilots would have to flt LOS, not FPV, at all times, but could record the kills with their gimbals.

If someone were to offer this near you, would you go and pay $50 to play for an hour? You would use my drones and controllers, and I would be responsible for fixing them for the next round.

How about the winner gets the pot at the end? Guess it would mean that it would require contestants to be 107 fliers. Unless they were in a fully enclosed arena, then they wouldn’t have to be 107 holders and could even use FPV, couldn’t they?

We used to combat using our U-line fliers with crate paper ribbons. Best crashes were those where we’d make contact and accidentally cut eachothers control lines!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acott