DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airport using drones to enforce airspace?

Are airports using drones to enforce their airspace? I was flying a Mavic pro just outside the 4 nautical mile class d airspace around an airport, about 150 feet up today. And 2 large drones showed up and I think they started surveilling us.

Were you anywhere near the Isabella MOA?

The Isabella MOA, I wasn't in that, I was outside the meadows airfield 5 mile (4 nm) class d airspace, Inside the purple shaded polygon line denoting class e airspace, but that starts at 700' overhead, near as I can tell.

Yeah, I was just requesting info on helicopter flyby's and what to do, either visual avoidance, or land the unit. Guess you don't have to land.

By the way, My flight on Saturday i had a government helicopter fly through my drone airspace about 250' elevation, paint was orange on the front of the body and dark blue on the back of the body. What do I do? Visually avoid? Or do I have to land? Don't private helicopters have to stay above 500 or 1000'? So at 250' it's government, is that right? What do you do, lreand?

Depends on what kind of airspace you are in as to how a helo should operate. But, all manned aircraft have right of way, even if they were at wrong altitude. If you are flying legally, you do not need to land, but you do need to avoid.

Why would an airport deploy 2 drones to the same drone sighting? Ready for a dogfight? It seems like a waste of tome and manpower. It probably took two people to fly them . Even more curious if It didn’t result in jackboot thugs knocking on your door soon after the attack formation of drones finds you and hovers over you for an hour.

Why would an airport deploy 2 drones to the same drone sighting? Ready for a dogfight? It seems like a waste of tome and manpower. It probably took two people to fly them . Even more curious if It didn’t result in jackboot thugs knocking on your door soon after the attack formation of drones finds you and hovers over you for an hour.
Training? Learning how to use the new gear?

Are airports using drones to enforce their airspace? I was flying a Mavic pro just outside the 4 nautical mile class d airspace around an airport, about 150 feet up today. And 2 large drones showed up and I think they started surveilling us. They were high up but I could see them pretty well, so I assume they were big. They were operating in class d airspace. They showed up and were on station for about an hour before they left, I assume because their batteries ran out. I am thinking they came directly out after some sort of radar detection of my Mavic pro. The whole experience felt kind of aggressive on their part. I quit flying right away, but then I knew for sure I was in class g airspace, so I just started flying again. They say there and watched me for a while then left. Anyone else have anything like that happen to them???
Now you know how the public feels when they hear one of our drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven