DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aliso Canyon Fire in Laguna Niguel, CA

bladenunez

Reactions
I’m Blade Nunez. The fire is close to my hood. I couldn’t get closer because the planes were circling around close to my Mini2. It is probably still burning. The wind has not died very much. If the wind turns off shore we are going to have a problem. By now it should be under control at least. I live in Laguna Beach right near the canyon. The canyon runs from the ocean to about 5 miles inland which is Laguna Niguel.1A25FE03-F803-4E9E-BCC7-58C88D809A2C.jpeg

bladenunez welcome to the forum. That looks bad 😞.

There are a few TFR's in the area so be careful. First Responders have control of that airspace (based on the latest Air Map). Soon, the FAA will slap a NFZ over that area and you won't be able to fly a paper airplane . . .

Be safe my friend and good luck.

IMG_4446.PNG

I also have a short video but when I go to my photos it only shows photos and no videos. Is this because I’m a new member.? Thank you for acknowledging me. I was standing out side my front door when I took the video. I did not fly towards the fire. I just ascended to get a better view. The still shot is from an edit on the video. I’m going to make a better one. I haven’t seen any other post about the fire. I take it you are a fellow Californian? I used to ride up to Rancho Cucamonga on my Harley to see friends and a girlfriend. Thanks again.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Hello from the Crossroads of America bladenunez.

Nice to meet you Blade. 🤝

I also have a short video but when I go to my photos it only shows photos and no videos. Is this because I’m a new member.?

Videos must be uploaded to YouTube or similar service. Copy and paste the URL link from the video to the post. The URL link will change to a thumbnail after it is posted.

Photos may be uploaded directly to the post, not video.

Be mindful of the TFR's as mentioned above. Wouldn't want the fire fighting services cancelled due to a report of an unauthorized drone flight in the area.

Stay safe and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

I also have a short video but when I go to my photos it only shows photos and no videos. Is this because I’m a new member.?
bladenunez we would love to see your video. You have to post it to YouTube first, (then) post the link to it here under Photos and Video

First, set up a youtube channel (free) and post the video there. Copy that link into your post here.

Good luck buddy!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!​

I’m Blade Nunez. The fire is close to my hood. I couldn’t get closer because the planes were circling around close to my Mini2. It is probably still burning. The wind has not died very much. If the wind turns off shore we are going to have a problem. By now it should be under control at least. I live in Laguna Beach right near the canyon. The canyon runs from the ocean to about 5 miles inland which is Laguna Niguel.View attachment 148200
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of Colorado! As a wildland firefighter myself be mindful of the TFR's as others have mentioned. Nothing is worse than having to stop what we're doing because of some carelessness outside of our control. Happy and safe flying!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: MA2 317
Welcome to the forum from south central Florida :cool: and enjoy. 🌴

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111