DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Almost lost my Mavic

EspenT

Reactions
My Mavic really scared me today. I took of.. Had a low pass under a really low bridge. Since bridge is metal i got compas errors. As I was going back I lost video. Still good signal, but no video. I have had this happen a few times before, and i found out that rebooting the controller does the trick.. So I do that and fly back.. Then I go 400 feet high to take som pictures with drone about 30m in front of me. As I´m taking photos I´m focusing on the Screen but suddenly get a warning saying GPS lost, and ATTI mode. I look up in the sky, and can't see the drone anymore.. Looking back at my screen I try to see if I´m able to se the frozen lake I´m standing at. Then image dissapears again. No line of sight, No GPS, no video feed. I´m hearing the drones buzzing gets weaker and weaker, further and further away, but no sure in which directing.. When I´m about to panic, GPS comes back. I´m able to do a return to home.

Since the video issue is returning, I start to consider it as a problem. Also found out that it helps to just unplug and replug the lightning cable(iPhone 7+)
How can I have 20 satellites, then loose GPS signal, and a few minutes later have 20 satellites again?

Starting not to trust my Mavic. Not a good thing. Here´s a link to log on healthy drones

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Images turned out quite nice btw.

DJI_0083-Pano.jpg

Last edited:
I had 17gps 0gps 17gps on Sunday. Mavic started drifting around weirdly. I got it down to about 6ft and the vps just about held it. Rebooted the thing and all was well....

Same thing happened to me and numerous others on this board. Mine crashed and DJI fixed it, no charge. Did not have DJI care either. Near as I can tell from reading other posts on this problem, this may have resulted from a bad compass calibration.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I havent flown my mavic since then. Its ashame that I spend $1100 on a drone that I am not confident will return to me on every flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J